PS4 Consistent PS4 Game Crash

mopickens423

Terrarian
Hello, I’m currently playing on Normal Mode, Large World on Terraria.
I’m in hard mode and have not defeated any Mechanical Beasts yet.
So I’m freshly into hard mode.
Everytime I go toward the ocean biomes whether it’s left or right, the very moment I cut down 1 or 2 trees, my game crashes. It’s in the exact same spot each time. Ocean Biomes! I’ve even played for an hour at a time only to go and cut a tree by the ocean and it still crashes..

Everytime I go toward the ocean biomes whether it’s left or right, the very moment I cut down 1 or 2 trees, my game crashes. It’s in the exact same spot each time. Ocean Biomes! I’ve even played for an hour at a time only to go and cut a tree by the ocean and it still crashes..
I’m fully zoomed out as well.

Hello, I’ve been playing Terraria for 10 years as of right now. (12/18/2021)
I’ve put over 1000 hours easily.

When 1.4 released for consoles, I created a new Character and World.
My World Details - Size,Large - Corruption - Classic Mode - Classic Difficulty

I’m currently setting at around 105 hours.
I’ve defeated the WallOfFlesh and I’ve spawned Hardmode Ore. I have a Titanium PickAxe and Tons upon Tons of Loot.
I’m ready to start fighting Mechanical Bosses.
Anyways, whether or not I use the Shell to warp to either the left or right Ocean Biome or if I walk there, once I get to the Beach and start chopping down a Tree or two, my game crashes.
It doesn’t matter if I play for an hour then try or if I play for a minute.
Once I cut down a tree my game stutters for literally 1 second and is fine but the next time I cut a tree down, the moment it’s cut the game crashes. It never fails.
I know I can transfer my items to a new Medium World in hopes it will help but that really is bothersome. Also, the game crashes whether I’m zoomed in or out. This is very much a high priority bug on the PS4. The Date is (12-18-2021)
Please someone, anyone give me some advice.

Hi there @mopickens423 welcome to the forums. :) I‘ve combined your two threads into one to keep them organized.

Are you on the latest version of the game? What version does it say you’re on at the bottom of the main menu?

I’m currently on v1.4.0.5.6 Build 803
I created the World on 11/26/2021.
Can you send your world file to DR Studios to look into the crash. Here is where to do it: Smartsheet Forms

There are instructions linked on that page of how to do it. If you do upload a world to them, please let me know here so I can alert them.

Last edited:
I’ll definitely give this a try here shortly.
Once I’m back at my house I’ll have my ole lady follow the steps that are needed to be taken.

Back
Top Bottom