PC Corrupt and Hallowed Mimics

easiest way to kill one when you are just entered hardmode, is to use the Ice Rod, encase him from a distance, and shower him with ice blasts. do this 5 times, BAM he is dead.

easiest way to kill one when you are just entered hardmode, is to use the Ice Rod, encase him from a distance, and shower him with ice blasts. do this 5 times, BAM he is dead.
Two problems with this method,
  1. The Ice Rod is expensive to buy if you didn't have foresight to save up the money. (Although less than 1.1)
  2. Hallowed, Crimson, and Corrupt Mimics have a lunge attack that lets them travel through blocks. I would guess they'd just phase through the ice.
A good yoyo like the Amarok helps a lot. Especially if you're lucky enough to get the Yoyo Bag early.

Two problems with this method,
  1. The Ice Rod is expensive to buy if you didn't have foresight to save up the money. (Although less than 1.1)
  2. Hallowed, Crimson, and Corrupt Mimics have a lunge attack that lets them travel through blocks. I would guess they'd just phase through the ice.
A good yoyo like the Amarok helps a lot. Especially if you're lucky enough to get the Yoyo Bag early.
truth is, they only phase through ONE wall. you make a wall, then add a random block 2-3 blocks away... pronto, that mimic ain't going anywhere.

The easiest way, if you ask me, is to use the Assault Rifle you get from the WoF. Try and get the endless musket pouch as well. Once you've spawned him, just get onto a minecart and dash away. He will start flying alongside you and you just have to shoot straight at him :D
Pretty much cheesed him throughout.

It's the best to fight it in opened areas with enough light. You are able to see them and with wings or rocket boots you can avoid their attacks. If it tries to attack from above, you lower your height and step aside, if it does the 3 horizontal attack, then you fly up. Just be careful with any weapons that shoot projectiles, as these Mimics sometimes curl themselves and will make these richochet and you may hit yourselves.

They are quite easy to take down with things that apply buffs(like the Amarok) or some early hardmode minions like the spiders combined with the imps.
Just make sure u have eneugh space to fight them in and a pair of wings, cous their jump attack is the deadliest one, and stop attacking them when they clamp down, couse then they are invulnable.
Btw, make sure u grind the Hallowed Mimic, couse the Daedalus Stormbow it drops is a great weapon for use against the Destroyer.

Na, the Stormbow with holy arrows rips trough him in 10 seconds, and if its your first time fighting him u'll need anything so u can craft better stuff from his drops for the other mech bosses.

I've used Amarok in early Hardmode to defeat the Mimics. It gets even more effective when you craft a Yoyo Bag.

If you worry about the distance, you can use a fast gun or repeater to defeat them.

Back
Top Bottom