Mobile Corrupt file

gamingwolf1170

Terrarian
Your Terraria Device
iPhone 6s Plus
I have been playing on one of my terraria worlds for nearly 100 hours in journey mode and I was getting bored so I decided to save and exit, but near the end of the process the game froze(music and animations still played but I would not continue, I waited for 20 minutes).
Without knowing what to do I exited the game and now the file is corrupt.

Can some tell me if it’s possible to retrieve the file or is it lost forever? I play on a iPhone 6s Plus, in case that helps determine if it’s retrievable.

I have been playing on one of my terraria worlds for nearly 100 hours in journey mode and I was getting bored so I decided to save and exit, but near the end of the process the game froze(music and animations still played but I would not continue, I waited for 20 minutes).
Without knowing what to do I exited the game and now the file is corrupt.

Can some tell me if it’s possible to retrieve the file or is it lost forever? I play on a iPhone 6s Plus, in case that helps determine if it’s retrievable.
I don't know how it works on iPhones, but on my android device in the "Worlds" folder there are backup files for each world ("worldname.wld.bak"). Remove the corrupt.wld file. Then rename the .bak file by leaving all but the .bak in the name. It may not be corrupted. Otherwise I've never figured out how to restore a corrupted world file. Good luck.

I don't know how it works on iPhones, but on my android device in the "Worlds" folder there are backup files for each world ("worldname.wld.bak"). Remove the corrupt.wld file. Then rename the .bak file by leaving all but the .bak in the name. It may not be corrupted. Otherwise I've never figured out how to restore a corrupted world file. Good luck.
I deleted the original file but I can’t rename the file so it’s lost. I will miss it( i had 100% beastiary an pretty much everything (pylons, happy npcs, my best builds of all time) it’s all gone because of a glitch . It is gone but not forgotten

There is no files that can be edited

Sorry I wasn't able to help. Thanks for letting me know about the difference between Iphones and android devices.
I realized my mistake I went into the storage option and not files. You had the right idea but I didn’t know the file app was a thing

I have started a classic mode world to help me get over the loss, but it’s not going well

I realized my mistake I went into the storage option and not files. You had the right idea but I didn’t know the file app was a thing

I have started a classic mode world to help me get over the loss, but it’s not going well
I know the feeling. I've had a few worlds go corrupt after putting in a lot of time. I hope it starts to go better for you.

Back
Top Bottom