Sprites Corrupt Ice Tree

XenithMusic

Skeletron Prime
I have a design for a Ice Tree that has been taken over by the corruption. Tell me what you think!
Corrupt-Ice-Tree.png

(Sorry about the non-transparent background. I edited a night-time ice logo that i made and applied to my game in ms-paint.)

Modified:
Corrupt-Ice-Tree.png

I might have just made it worse.

Last edited:
The idea itself is interesting, but that sprite is mostly just a recolor - especially on the snow... right? which, does not get corrupted anyway. To begin with, snow is unaffected by corruption (and crimson and hallow) and boreal trees grow on snow, so at things are right now... they can't be currupted anyway.

However, yeah, the idea is interesting. But, then what would they drop? Ebonwood? Boreal wood? Something else? The sprite might could reflect that. if it just drops boreal wood, then why to change it. if it drops ebonwood, then why not recolor it to a gray-ish color and stuff? similarly how ebonwood is (look at corrupted palm trees too, how they look like palm trees but have the color theming of ebonwood and corruption, I think... (and, likewise, they drop ebonwood).

Plus, boreal trees have several variants. If you ask me, the pine-like trees look better, like, I think it makes more sense to see a pine forest there, than a bunch of trees without any leaves XD But maybe that's just me XD

if it drops ebonwood, then why not recolor it to a gray-ish color and stuff? similarly how ebonwood is (look at corrupted palm trees too, how they look like palm trees but have the color theming of ebonwood and corruption, I think... (and, likewise, they drop ebonwood).
I might as well do that.
Maybe there can be a crimtane or hallow one anyways thats pretty good!
I'll work on the crimson one next

this might be just my idea/opinion, but try to recolor a pine tree - like boreal tree instead of the leafless boreal tree. they have green part, that you could recolor to purple (corruption) and red (crimson), instead of recoloring the snow on them. as well as recolor the trunk to the gray-ish color or ebonwood, and shadewood (they are a different shade). try using the ebonwood and shadewood color palettes. and the currupted/crimsoned palm tree variants' palettes.

Back
Top Bottom