Items Crafting Recipes for Powders and Solutions

Do you think that biome-spreading items like powders and solutions should be convertable?

• Yes, I like the proposed change

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • I agree that they should be convertable, but I have different ideas as to how

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • No, I do not agree

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

CrimsonCuttle

Skeletron Prime
Trying to get both evils in one world is incredibly difficult. No matter what you need a second world, which you either need to scour for mushrooms to make a small amount of powder to spread over a miniscule area in the main world, or you need to progress that second world all the way to the point of getting the Steampunker to sell the solution to spread.

To fix this meaningless and long grind for low relative reward, I propose that solutions and powders should be crafted into their opposite counterparts, using seeds. For example, to craft Red Solution, you use Crimson Seeds and Purple Solution, and to craft Purple Solution, you use Red Solution and Corrupt Seeds. This still makes need for a second world, but it makes it much less of a chore, and gives better use to the seeds which are otherwise pointless compared to their powder and solution counterparts.

You can currently get the opposite evil seeds if you get the Dryad in a graveyard biome. She sells them!

I guess they could make a recipe, but I'm kind of happy enough with the current solution. Would be nice to have a different Soul for the Crimson (or at least a Crimson/Corruption specific ingredient for crafting keys) since opposite evil mimics AFAIK are impossible. Or just have it based on if you're within the other evil's biome or not (though I haven't tested to see if this is already the case).

You can currently get the opposite evil seeds if you get the Dryad in a graveyard biome. She sells them!

I guess they could make a recipe, but I'm kind of happy enough with the current solution. Would be nice to have a different Soul for the Crimson (or at least a Crimson/Corruption specific ingredient for crafting keys) since opposite evil mimics AFAIK are impossible. Or just have it based on if you're within the other evil's biome or not (though I haven't tested to see if this is already the case).
I didn't know that about the Dryad. It's a nice feature, but good luck making a whole Evil biome using just seeds, especially when there's already a contagious biome there to compete with it. I think you can spawn opposite evil mimics if it's in its respective biome and the biome is fully 'established' (i.e. has the right background, right music, right blocks, and spawns the respective enemies)

I didn't know that about the Dryad. It's a nice feature, but good luck making a whole Evil biome using just seeds, especially when there's already a contagious biome there to compete with it. I think you can spawn opposite evil mimics if it's in its respective biome and the biome is fully 'established' (i.e. has the right background, right music, right blocks, and spawns the respective enemies)
I believe it depends on your world evil at world generation. Though I wonder what would happen if you summoned a mimic in Red's World...

You can currently get the opposite evil seeds if you get the Dryad in a graveyard biome. She sells them

Reading up in the wiki this is only true for Hardmode corruption worlds.

Other features like planters (which can fit any plant, but aesthetically palette with the name) sold by the dryad for deathweed already do show the current worlds evil biome but is mutually exclusive.

Back
Top Bottom