Blocks & Decoration Creative Shocker, Weather Obelisks, & Lava/Honey Fountains

JamesDNaux

Terrarian
Creative Shocker.png

Creative Shocker
[Sold by the Steampunker after the Old One's Army has been defeated]

Place a Creative Shocker and a worldwide creative shock debuff will be applied to all players (don't worry about locking yourself from building, the Creative Shocker itself can still be mined up!). It can be turned off and on with wiring so you can allow mining or building in desired situations. The effects of the Creative Shocker can also be bypassed by having a Hand of Creation equipped (this has no effect on the Old One's Army event). The Creative Shocker will also have an icon on the map to prevent people from hiding it in servers.

Weather Machine.png

Weather Machine
[Sold by the Steampunker during the rain]

A placeable object similar to monoliths that triggers rain within its radius when right clicked.
Cycles between drizzle, medium rain, and storm.

Wind Generator.png

Wind Generator
[Sold by the Steampunker on a windy day]

A placeable object similar to monoliths that triggers wind within its radius when right clicked.
Cycles between light, medium, and strong wind.

Lava Fountain.png
Lava Fountain - Cursed.png
Lava Fountain - Venom.png
Lava Fountain - Hades.png
Lava Fountain - Bright.png
Lava Fountain - Ichor.png

Lava Fountains
[Sold by the Witch Doctor while in hell]

Cursed Fountain
- Turns surrounding lava acid green.
Venom Fountain - Turns surrounding lava purple.
Hades Fountain - Turns surrounding lava a deep blue.
Ultrabright Fountain - Turns surrounding lava a bright cyan.
Ichor Fountain - Turns surrounding lava ichor yellow.

Honey Fountain.png
Honey Fountain - Slime.png
Honey Fountain - Gooey.png
Honey Fountain - Syrup.png
Honey Fountain - Tar.png
Honey Fountain - Milk.png

Honey Fountains
[Sold by the Witch Doctor while in a hive]

Slime Fountain
- Turns surrounding honey slime blue.
Gooey Fountain - Turns surrounding honey green.
Syrup Fountain - Turns surrounding honey dark orange.
Tar Fountain - Turns surrounding honey an inky black.
Milky Fountain - Turns surrounding honey white.​

Last edited:
Sounds like a good idea, but weather-machine things could have some sort of sliders - like how it is in jorney mode, right? (sorry if I'm wrong, I don't usually play journey mode)

Creative Shocker sounds great for griefing but it might be better if it has a limited range (like campfire range) so people can't just hide one in some random, out-of-the-way place and grief the entire server. Or a Creative Shocker Blocker furniture or something that negates the effects of Creative Shockers.

I agree, the creative shocker sounds like a potential griefing nightmare. Someone could box himself in by filling every nearby space with blocks and then place the item where you can't reach it with the rod of discord. The only way to reach it would be with actuators, I think, and there's still the matter of even finding it. Another way to make the item work would be to make it a toggleable furniture, that always defaults to off when a world is loaded. Even then, I think the potential problems outweigh the limited uses for such an item.
The weather and wind machines could also be sold by the witch doctor, slightly altered of course. Weather altering rituals are a staple of witch doctors, right?

I hadn't considered someone using it for grief since I have no real experience with multiplayer... Shocker Blocker is a good idea, it'd probably work better as an accessory so anyone wearing it can bypass the Shocker. You could even fold its effects into the Hand of Creation for builders to build since the Shocker is meant primarily for fresh characters in adventure maps. As far as being able to find the Shocker if someone stuck it in a hard to reach area, perhaps it could have an icon on the map, visible to only those wearing the Shocker Blocker/Hand of Creation? Another alternative that could mitigate the griefing altogether is making it so the Shocker only works when placed within a certain distance of spawn.

You should also account for OOAs own Creative Shock debuff when designing a solution. As for how to find hidden Creative Shockers, if you really want them to have unlimited range I guess they could just show on the map at all times like Pylons (even in unrevealed portions of the map).

Back
Top Bottom