Crimson Question

clyde45td

Terrarian
Hey guys, so in pre-hardmode I create a 5 gap hellevator all the way to hell as shown partly on the image to stop the crimson reaching my base, now in hardmode it's worked as intended so far. Yet somehow, recently I discovered that the crimson has jumped across the gap and I have no idea how, I did use wooden platforms at the top but I didn't think crimson could spread through that nor did I think it could jump across a 5 block gap. Could somebody tell me if they have any ideas for how it could have spread because I am completely clueless at the moment.
Any help is greatly appreciated

Attachments

• crimson.PNG
    crimson.PNG
    40.1 KB · Views: 69
  • crimson 2.PNG
    crimson 2.PNG
    579.6 KB · Views: 70
Background walls can spread the crimson, but that doesn’t seem to be the issue here. I’m willing to wager it was the thorns as they can spread.

Crimson can grow thorns, and those thorns can further spread the Crimson. The Jungle can also grow thorns, which can be converted (you may want to keep that in mind for the east side of the Crimson). I'd hazard a guess that's most likely what happened to you here.
Placing wooden platforms above the grass or replacing the grass with another block will prevent thorns growing.

Background walls can spread the crimson, but that doesn’t seem to be the issue here. I’m willing to wager it was the thorns as they can spread.
Background walls do not spread the Crimson, Corruption or Hallow. The effect is mostly visual.

Hey guys, so in pre-hardmode I create a 5 gap hellevator all the way to hell as shown partly on the image to stop the crimson reaching my base, now in hardmode it's worked as intended so far. Yet somehow, recently I discovered that the crimson has jumped across the gap and I have no idea how, I did use wooden platforms at the top but I didn't think crimson could spread through that nor did I think it could jump across a 5 block gap. Could somebody tell me if they have any ideas for how it could have spread because I am completely clueless at the moment.
Any help is greatly appreciated
Once you enter hardmode it spawns a V half of it is your world evil(corruption or crimson) and the other half is hallow

Back
Top Bottom