NPCs & Enemies Custom Names for Dog, Cat and Bunny NPCs

Terrablade101

Terrarian
Hi guys, I’m wondering what everyone thinks of a feature that I think would be really cool: Custom names for pet NPCs. We all have pets at home that we would love to replicate in Terraria, and I think this would be a fantastic way to do so. Red stated previously on a Reddit post that he “didn’t know” about custom Pet NPC names, but if this post gets enough attention then hopefully there is a chance that it will be added in 1.4.1! Let me know what ya think!

I think that normal NPC names should stay...as a lot of people in the community are honored through them (ex: Andrew as the Guide or James as the Clothier). However, pet names i feel can make our terraria experience feel even more complete and personal to us by being able to name our pets. The normal NPC names are just too important to be removed, but I feel like the pet NPC could keep their random names but allow the player to change it if they please :D

what if the zoologist sold a name tag if a pet NPC was alive in your world? then you right-click with it to create a name, and there is a name option for the pets that consumes the tag from your inventory? priority is the same as consumption of other items.

what if the zoologist sold a name tag if a pet NPC was alive in your world? then you right-click with it to create a name, and there is a name option for the pets that consumes the tag from your inventory? priority is the same as consumption of other items.
Yeah! Exactly something like that. Something simple but yet so meaningful to players. Hopefully it is possible for Red and the other devs to make it happen. I really hope that they see this. I don’t know why someone wouldn’t want this, as it’s not forced on the player.

You can actually do this for ALL NPCs.
1. Open TEdit
2. Open your world
3. Click NPC Data on the panel at the right
4. Find your NPC and type in a new name
5. Save
6. Open the world in Terraria

Back
Top Bottom