NPCs & Enemies Cutting Ties With The Corrupting Forces In Style/The Show Host: A New NPC

How do you think of this?(make sure to post details below)

• Absolutely needed.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Great idea.

• Great, but not that good.

• Not really liking this.

• Get out.

• Other Opinion

• Total voters

DJEN

Terrarian
The wave-based holiday-themed events were quite a thing, to be frank. Before, I thought I would hate them greatly due to the requirements and the pace.
......Wait, wait. I just droned about how the Pumpkin Moon and the Frost Moon were suprisingly more engaging than thought, not going into the main, the very suggestion.

Well, drat. Time to do this for real.

Introduction

Everyone knows that The Corruption, The Hallow, and The Crimson were treated as the main villainous forces of Terraria. However, despite obviously showing their presense throughout the game, and playing a great role in the progression of the player, they barely get their relationship with the player tied up. Being easily controlled through the Clentaminator and weakened by the defeat of Plantera, they fade out with a dissatisfactory wimper.

Although one can easily justify this by saying the focus of the game moved, having elements that played a great role in the progression of the game(EoC dropping Demonite/Crimtane, having to fight Eow/BoC to progress, WoF releasing Hallow and Corruption/Crimson, the mech bosses, Dryad explictly stating the Corruption/Crimson being your foe) go irrelevant without a great, appropriate finale will dissatisfy at least some.

So, I thought of making them be relevant throughout the game, Even after the mechanical bosses, and up to the endgame.

Post Mech
Corruption:
- Solid Thorns grow alongside normal thorns(deals 2x DMG as the normal ones)
- Demon Altar-Lookalikes spawn on Ebonstone
- New mobs spawn
- Corrupt Mimic gets to have Corrupt Key as one of its drops(10% chance)
(no need to grind a ton, you know.)

Crimson:
- Natural Crimstone generates damaging Ichor Droppers(30~40 DMG)
- Some Crimstone become Ichor Veins
- New mobs spawn
- Crimson Mimic gets to have Crimson Key as one of its drops(10% chance)

Hallow:
- Prismal Crystals sometimes grow on Hallowed Grass and Pearlstone
- New mobs spawn
- Hallowed Mimic gets to have Hallowed Key as one of its drops(10% chance)

All of them:
- Spread rate decreased to 75% of original spread rate

I have to cut this post short right now. Expect more updates later on.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom