PC d pad hotbar not working

KingCrudelis

Terrarian
Hello, i play Terraria with a controller and always found the d pad hotbar especially useful. However, suddenly when i try to mark something it gets marked and immediatly unmarked. What can i do to fix this?

I know what a D-Pad is
I’m just confused on what you mean by ‘marked’
Do you mean moved around in your inventory?
Do you mean changes to what you have in your hands?

I know what a D-Pad is
I’m just confused on what you mean by ‘marked’
Do you mean moved around in your inventory?
Do you mean changes to what you have in your hands?
the d pad hotbar functions allows to quickly equip items that you have in your inventory, even if you dom't have them in your regular hotbar. In order for that to work however you have to select an item for each direction of the d pad first so that you can quickly switch to them by clicking on it again. This selection doesn't work anymore which makes the d pad hotbar useless

Hey i also seem to have this problem
I made an account on the forums just so I could show this on action
If this can be patched with an quick update or have a workaround please let us know
I kind of found a solution now but it's still not solved. If you press two directions next to each other on the d pad at the same time (for example the left one and the bottom one) it will select the item for the d pad hotbar. However using this method you can only select something for the left, bottom and right buttons. The top one will still go unused. (also i used a ps4 controller for this, i'm not sure if it will work with other controllers, you have to try it out)

Back
Top Bottom