tModLoader Dangerous Depths

buttercup

Skeletron
The caves of your world grow darker and eerie sounds reverberate in the crevices...
icon.png

<3 Welcome to Dangerous Depths, my first major modding project! <3

This mod includes:

One new event: The Star Shower!
  • Has a 1/10 chance of happening every night
  • Glittering Stars frequently plummet from the sky, breaking into Star Pieces
  • The starry sky is a bright blue, illuminating the entire surface
  • Special Shimmering enemies spawn on the surface, replacing common enemies.
    • Shimmering Slime
    • Shimmering Jellyfish
    • Stardust Elemental
    • Starry Draco (Hardmode only)
  • These enemies drop Stardust, which can be used along with Star Pieces to craft new tools and weapons!
Two new ores!
  • Rocky Coal, a common ore found in large quantities in the caverns
    • Can be crafted into Superheated Coal and Refined Coal, which are both used for various things with more to come.
  • Ancient Stardust, an uncommon ore typically found in small veins of 3 or 4 deep underground
    • Can be mined with a Nightmare or Deathbringer Pickaxe, also very rarely drops from Star Shower enemies in small quantities
    • Used along with Stardust and Star Pieces to create stronger weapons
  • Dungeon Moss, a mysterious plant found growing in the post-Plantera dungeon!
    • Crafted into new, more powerful potions!
New tools!

• The Confetti Bazooka!
    • Crafted with 3 Confetti Guns and 15 pieces of Confetti
    • Can shoot confetti an infinite number of times!
  • Firecrackers!
    • Crafted with 10 Grenades and 2 pieces of Confetti (makes 10)
    • Comes in 3 colors!
    • Shoots a harmless firework
Many new enemies!

• The Brain of Confusion, a crimson enemy that will latch onto your head and confuse you!
    • Only spawns once the Brain of Cthulhu has been defeated in the world
    • Beware its ability to cling to your head, as your controls will be reversed and you will quickly take suffocation damage
    • Attack it before it can grab you, as its defense is very low when floating on its own!
  • The Undead Fisherman, a common enemy that spawns in the ocean during night
    • Has a 3.33% chance to drop the Bone Fishing Pole, an ever-dry fishing rod with 30% fishing power
    • A little strong and doesn't like new characters trying to fish up those precious Reaver Sharks!
  • The Undead Goldfish, an uncommon creature that spawns in the caverns and is stronger than typical piranhas
    • Currently drops nothing, although unique items are planned
  • The Gold Bat, an elusive creature that offers tantalizing rewards, but can be difficult to defeat!
    • Has a very low spawn rate
    • Drops 7-10 gold coins when killed
  • Irradiated Slimes, mutant gelatin abominations!
    • Drops Irradiated Gel, which will be made into new weapons (not implemented yet)
And last but not least, what you've all been waiting for...
One new boss!
Well it's actually a miniboss

Introducing the Slime Prince, a formidable foe that can test the limits of a freshly created character!
  • The Slime Prince has a rare chance of spawning in the outer two thirds of the world, similarly to king slime but more commonly
    • His spawn rate drastically decreases once King Slime has been defeated
  • He can also rarely spawn during a Slime Rain once 50 or more slimes have been squished
  • Like King Slime, he will spawn slimes as minions when attacked
    • These slimes are smaller than your average slime and easier to take down
    • They also frequently drop hearts, which can aid the player if they get in a tough spot
  • When killed, he will drop:
    • 20-30 Gel
    • The Slime Gun (Currently a placeholder for a future unique drop)
    • A Slime Crown (50% chance)

That's all there is for now! Obviously this mod is going to expand by a huge amount in the future, so please check it out and let me know what you think!

:pinky: Join the discord server for questions and discussion, and be notified when the mod is updated! :pinky:
Massive thanks to everyone on the tModLoader discord for helping me with the countless dumb mistakes I made while developing these first few releases of the mod!

~Buttercup

ShootingStar.png
LunaBow.png
StarTemper.png

BrainOfConfusion.gif
UndeadGoldfish.gif

SlimePrince.gif

Last edited:
Could you post some sprites here? If all of them are on level of that slime in the end of the post, they are awesome! Ideas are cool too!

Edit: I tested it. It looks awesome!

Last edited:
Really like what I've seen so far! I'm always a fan of mods fleshing out areas that feel somewhat lacking. Excited to see what's to come :happy:, though I do think it'd help if you posted some images here to reel in newcomers.

I'm really liking what this mod has to offer so far! However, there are two problems I've found while playing, and both have to do with the Dungeon Moss.
1. The potion that the moss is used in seems to have a broken recipe, requiring two types of moss, as multiple stacks of potions. Not too big of an issue, but still an issue regardless.

2. Dungeon Moss spreads to and breaks chains, chests, platforms, pressure plates, paintings, and other various dungeon furniture. This is a bit more problematic, especially if it manages to destroy the biome chests.

For some odd reason it wont allow me to download the mod. When I click the download mod, it shows the progress bar for a few seconds before sending me back to the search screen and not downloading at all. Is this an issue anyone else has had?

For some odd reason it wont allow me to download the mod. When I click the download mod, it shows the progress bar for a few seconds before sending me back to the search screen and not downloading at all. Is this an issue anyone else has had?
I'm having this issue as well, I hope it will be fixed soon.

Back
Top Bottom