PC Deadly Sphere Staff VS Raven Staff

Hyporos

Steampunker
I tried googling it but found nothing about this. Which one is better? You can get the deadly sphere staff muuuuch earlier into the game compared with the raven staff. Does the raven staff have a higher attack speed is that why it has lower base damage? or is it just worse in general

Personally I'd go with the Ravens. They are more centralized and stay with the character more.

are the optic and tempest staves much better than the ones i was comparing?
Wait, no, hold on. I didn't know the deadly sphere staff did 50 damage... I guess that one might be a bit overpowered for when you can get it. I liked the optic staff because it lets you summon twice as many minions, and I thought the tempest staff was the strongest minion you can get before the celestial pillars.

Wait, no, hold on. I didn't know the deadly sphere staff did 50 damage... I guess that one might be a bit overpowered for when you can get it. I liked the optic staff because it lets you summon twice as many minions, and I thought the tempest staff was the strongest minion you can get before the celestial pillars.

wait, since the optic staff summons 2 minions, and the damage is 30, doesn't that make it 60 technically? so the optic staff is actually the best pre-lunar event summoning item

wait, since the optic staff summons 2 minions, and the damage is 30, doesn't that make it 60 technically? so the optic staff is actually the best pre-lunar event summoning item
Not exactly... due to the way piercing works, sometimes the minions will block each other's attacks, so you won't always have double the damage. Still though, they're pretty good, especially considering you can get them immediately after the twins. I think it might be best to just try each of them out, see which one you personally prefer. The raven staff might not be worth the trouble of dealing with the pumpkin moon though.

Not exactly... due to the way piercing works, sometimes the minions will block each other's attacks, so you won't always have double the damage. Still though, they're pretty good, especially considering you can get them immediately after the twins. I think it might be best to just try each of them out, see which one you personally prefer. The raven staff might not be worth the trouble of dealing with the pumpkin moon though.
Yeah, piercing is sometimes a real issue. But my opinion about it the twins can deal with bigger crowds, and also I find minions really great for item/soul farming. For choice, I prefer tempest staff or deadly sphere staff.

The Tempest Staff is a bit inaccurate. I didn't use the Raven Staff too much, but the Deadly Spheres are decent. They are not very great, but they aren't bad too.

The Optic Staff is great until you get something better like the UFO minions.

Raven Staff > Deadly Sphere Staff. There's no contest. Deadly Spheres have crummy AI. They get stuck behind walls, can't target where they're most needed, and attack too slowly and inaccurately to count. The Ravens on the other hand stick near the player, and tend to attack in big swarms very rapidly and very precisely. Deadly Spheres have a higher raw damage, but they just can't compare with rapid attacks.

I'd say the Ravens (or even the Pygmies) are more useful depending on the environment. Deadly Spheres get stuck around walls and don't make an effort to catch up with you until they're far off the screen. Ravens and/or Pygmies always stay close to you, as well as the Sharknadoes if you can get those. The Spheres and Twinions are much better outdoors where there are no obstructions; while the Spheres have a higher base damage, they have a shorter field of vision and won't attack an enemy until it comes closer, unlike the Ravens/Twins/Sharknadoes that will chase it even if it's offscreen. The Spheres' charging attacks are faster than the Ravens', but the latter seem to be better at staying in the enemy's hitbox and dealing rapid damage. The choice is yours, really; I'd even recommend having a wide variety.

Tbh I prefer the deadly sphere staff overall, especially for events where there are a ton of enemies, but for bosses I use blade staff because they ignore a ton of defense and have insane attack speed

Back
Top Bottom