WIP Deceit

Teal

Eater of Worlds
Someday a heroes journal will return.
In the mean time please enjoy Deceit a tale of two journeyers who found each other in some very odd circumstances. I will be releasing this series in a 500 word burst. That way people don't look and say "OMG ITS JUST A WALL OF FLESH TEXT."
I am currently playing around with the formatting and so far it will stay like it is presently if you don't like that layout give me a heads up and I will do some more tinkering.

I have had lots of time to ponder on things. The events are still fresh in my mind I can see them perfectly even now. How could this happen? I had the best gear, surely I was ready to fight The Twins. I have fought them millions of times before. Something had to be different! Certainly I'm sure of it.

I just need to find my way out of this... Trap? This god forsaken desolate cage has been my stinking residence for what must have been three days. I don't even know how I got in this thing. It has been the sole thought on my mind this entire time. How do I get out? What is this thing even made of? I have hurled my picksaw into the exterior bars repeatedly for days on end! Then again at least I have my tools.

Clink. Great another bat... I swear these noises are deteriorating my sanity. Clink. Cliiiiiink. I called out "Who is there I am not playing and don't think I'll hesitate to take my possessed hatched and jam it right up yo-." Wham. "By Redigit! I'll..." I stopped speaking I didn't want to get whacked In the head again. "Please... Just tell me who you are and what you want!" Suddenly the room was flooded with brightness. The assailant had retrieved a torch. "I'm Dolus, who the hell are you and why are you in my jungle?" Caught off guard by the situation as a whole I was even more distracted by the fact that Dolus was a female.

"This is my world firstly, and why should I answer to you?" Dolus retrieved her ice rod and pointed it at my neck. Surprisingly pointy. "The disadvantage of not answering the person who has the advantage requires no explanation and as far as I'm aware this is my world." "Your right I totally agree with you." I grabbed the ice rod ripped it from her hands and pointed it directly at her head. "See I do agree It's just I'm the one with the advantage here! Now let me out."

She edged backwards and shouted "I have no idea how to let you out of that contraption! Look please just give me back my ice rod and I'll see what I can do..." She placed the torch on the ground steadied herself on the cave wall and retrieved the rod which I had laid on the ground.

"Wait... Maybe this is a shadow cage?" Now she is just making up stuff. Brilliant. "It is just a theory but the cage looks... shadowy." She was right which I hate admitting but at least I can get out. "I'll be back momentarily." Suuuure she will I just let my only method of escape use a magic mirror to completely allude me!

Well not much point in doing anything really. I slumped down against the "shadowy" back rung of bars. Alone... again. I just took a moment to contemplate the events that got me entangled in this situation. Routine, clockwork, a systematic plan and process to do everything. Need more hallowed bars for Pumpkin Moon. Fight easiest subject available at hand. Everything ran like a well oiled machine. What had been different?

I am always open to criticism and love suggestions and helpful thoughts. Comments made in bad taste can really take a turn for the worst but if you didn't
enjoy it go ahead and tell me but I'd appreciate if you included a reason.
If you see a grammatical error or spelling mistake with your watchful eye please tell me :)

You really need to continue this, I love how it's going so far. The vocabulary choices you've made are pretty good, and I like how this is unfolding. Get a chapter two out already -- haha! :b

Back
Top Bottom