Blocks & Decoration Decorative Matter Cubes

Does This Idea Amuse You?

• Yes, I would love to give that extra room I constructed a reason for existing.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Maybe, I appreciate the idea, but feel like it could use a little work before its game-worthy.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No, they seem trivial and would add very little to the overall experience.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

REGIFISHY

Terrarian
This is a migration from Terraria Online; formatting errors should be attributed to the blatant lack of willingness to re-type it on my part.

This thread spawned in part to two things; while browsing the forums, I happened upon a post that said "Cenx has confirmed placeable Crates". My eyes, having quickly scrolled through without reading it correctly, replaced "Crate" with "Cube". Following this misreading, my mind hatched something brilliantly mundane that would amuse me (and more than a few others) greatly were it implemented. (Number 2 is the 420 character limit on profile posts. I probably should have done this first before harassing a dev... Sorry Cenx, feel free to unleash your administrative wrath upon my account if need be.)

Anyway, the idea that came to mind was this: Decorative Cubes!

Obtaining
When exploring and destroying malicious wildlife, they would have a chance to drop a White Cube. This cube while it could be placed on its own, would be no larger than a block, sit at 3-point perspective when placed, and have a matte, almost plastic-like look to it.

Combining
Upon obtaining more cubes, they could be combined into ones of varying size (starting at 1x1 and extending up to 8x8) as well as dyed different colors. (With each of the colored variants retaining their combine-ability. It should be noted that combined cubes can also be dyed and re-dyed.)

Customizing
In addition to being able to both combine, and dye them, you could also smelt a cube to create themed cubes. These could (depending on which blocks or items they're smelted alongside of) be representative of many different bosses and biomes (Wood + Door + Glass = House Cube, Jungle seeds + Jungle Wood + Mud = Surface Jungle Cube, Lens + 50 Silver = Eye Cube. and so on.)

Additional
The beauty of them (Aside from the fact that it enables the ability to create a cube museum) is that they could be coded during breaks from other content, be used as an art exercise, allow many different aesthetics and plenty of room for creativity, and fill the gap on many a floor/table and/or bedroom dresser. If the biome variants and other Custom Cubes are removed or forewent in place of the simpler, plastic ones, they could probably be drawn and coded in with relative ease. (though I know nothing about coding, so don't hold me to that...)

Feel free to discuss/berate as much as you please.

Back
Top Bottom