Dedicated server, can't connect over internet but can over intranet

Trenyc

Terrarian
I have forwarded the port the server is using and added a firewall exception for TerrariaServer.exe.

Am I missing something?

This sounds like you haven't managed to open the port - are you 100% that your portforwarding was correct?

This sounds like you haven't managed to open the port - are you 100% that your portforwarding was correct?
Yes I'm sure. I can see the rule configured in my router's port forwarding logs. Though I guess I can't be sure it's actually forwarding.

Maybe I have too many rules set up. Will try switching firmware to Merlin tonight to increase the limit and try again.

Ok I installed Merlin and still couldn't connect, so I wrote a very basic REST web api and started it listening on the same port I'm using for Terraria server (with the server stopped of course, to test that I can reach the port on the host from outside). Lo and behold, I could talk to the web api. TCP port forwarding is definitely working.

So now I'm very confused. I can see that TerrariaServer is binding a TCP listener to the port using netstat and I can see that the host is reachable with TCP on the same port the server is configured to use.

I guess I'll try a full reinstall. But this is... weird. I was hoping someone else ran into a similar issue and maybe found a solution.

Back
Top Bottom