Working as Designed Demon Heart not working

iZenith

Terrarian
Currently playing multiplayer in an expert world. We beat wall of flesh a while ago, but I haven't been able to use the demon heart to increase my accessory slot count.

The person I play with has a personal classic world that they play in regularly, but I play solely in the expert world. I do have only 5 accessory slots on the character. I've tried using it directly from the inventory and even in the hand but nothing works. Tried making a new expert world to use it in, but that didn't work either.

Not really sure what else I can do here, any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

(Also, might take a bit to respond, I'm posting this just before I need to leave for work)

If you bring your character to a classic world, they will not be able to use the extra accessory slots. It will disappear from the UI if you don't have any accessories already equipped in the main and vanity slots. Even if you have them equipped from your Expert Mode, they'll be grayed out as the accessory slot won't take effect.

Did you use the demon heart in your expert world already, or are you trying to use it in your classic world? If it was used already, it can't be used again as your character already has the effect of the demon heart. However, when you return to your Expert world, your 6th accessory slot from the Demon Heart should appear again.

The demon heart also can't be consumed in Classic worlds, as you don't get additional accessory slots in them.

Does your 6th accessory slot already appear when you return to your expert world, or return to a new one?

If you bring your character to a classic world, they will not be able to use the extra accessory slots. It will disappear from the UI if you don't have any accessories already equipped in the main and vanity slots. Even if you have them equipped from your Expert Mode, they'll be grayed out as the accessory slot won't take effect.

Did you use the demon heart in your expert world already, or are you trying to use it in your classic world? If it was used already, it can't be used again as your character already has the effect of the demon heart. However, when you return to your Expert world, your 6th accessory slot from the Demon Heart should appear again.

The demon heart also can't be consumed in Classic worlds, as you don't get additional accessory slots in them.

Does your 6th accessory slot already appear when you return to your expert world, or return to a new one?
None of these. I can't even use it. I only have the 5 slots on my character. I've been trying to use it in the expert world that the two of us are playing. It's not consuming or activating. The character I am using has never used a Demon Heart

Thanks for the report - I have a good idea in my head of what the issue might be, but could you send a video of this so I can confirm?

I would also recommend trying it with the “Use” binding from your inventory if you haven’t already.

Thanks for the report - I have a good idea in my head of what the issue might be, but could you send a video of this so I can confirm?

I would also recommend trying it with the “Use” binding from your inventory if you haven’t already.

I'm not entirely sure how to post videos, but uploaded it to YT and linked it here. Tried using it in the hotbar and also in the inventory using the correct bindings (RT and LT respectively). Also showed my current number of slots at the end (5), aswell as loading into the expert world.

Also sorry for the late reply, my internet has been down for a few days

From the looks of it, your 6th slot is already unlocked - it's right below where your armor is equipped. Thus, this appears to be working as intended.

That said, we'll certainly explore ways to try and make these slots more apparent.

1699552715988.png

From the looks of it, your 6th slot is already unlocked - it's right below where your armor is equipped. Thus, this appears to be working as intended.

That said, we'll certainly explore ways to try and make these slots more apparent.

View attachment 439180
Oh, I'm curious as to how that unlocked then. Is the demon heart not consumed when it's used? This was a new character for this world so I've definitely not used one before

Back
Top Bottom