NPCs & Enemies Demon Zombies (Necromancy to make zombies rise out of gravestones!)

Meowelody

Plantera
You know all those heavy, complicated methods to farm coins? Well, I made a new mechanic+enemy to make a more simple method! So, lets start on the mechanic.
Gravestone
Tooltip: None
Obtained by dying
Can be placed

Demon Zombie
Does 10 damage
Spawns 10-20 from Gravestones
Drops 50-60 copper coins per kill
Can be respawned by clicking the gravestone again AT NIGHT.
50 HP
10 Defence
Drops Demon Horns 10%

Demon Horns
Can be put in vanity or armour slots
Looks cool on your character
Sells for 10 silver

Gravestones have a 50% chance to summon demon zombies when night starts or to simply increase spawn rate of demon zombies (no other way for them to naturally spawn, and they will be a bit rarer than zombies). If you right click them, they have a 25% chance to do nothing or summon a demon zombie.

Now, if you want to properly farm these guys, you'll need at least 3 layers of 10-blocks wide and 3-blocks tall (more than 3-blocks if needed) with 4 blocks (2 on each side) blocked off with 1-block high wall blocks (to protect you, making 3-blocks tall the best option) where you can also hit the Demon Zombies yet not get hit back. If you do this on 3 layers, you can reclick all of them once you kill them all and get money for life! Now, there might be uncollected loot for you. So, if you get enough time, make platforms somehow leading to the trap itself where the gravestones are, and collect any uncollected loot.

Last edited:
Surveyor, that's a pretty good idea. Correct me if I'm wrong, every night every gravestone has a 50% chance to increase spawn rate OR summon a (demon) zombie would nerf it a tiny bit.

I could imagine all the hardcore players glaring menacingly at this thread.....

I don't really have an opinion about this. Maybe change the chance for it to drop, or make it craftable. It's way to easy to farm at this point.

It would be cool if powering a gravestone spawns some zombies (or some kind of frankenstein monsters?) and then the gravestone is destroyed. If you like collecting gravestones, then don't power it, but otherwise you can get some money (or drops?).

Like milt said, hardcore players can't do this because if you die you lose your character. Either way, I prefer making my own farm design because it involves brain activity.

Like milt said, hardcore players can't do this because if you die you lose your character. Either way, I prefer making my own farm design because it involves brain activity.
Nah, I could actually care less about what hardcore players felt about this. I'm just referring to the fact that most suggestions involving gravestones attract these people, complaining about "Mode Equality" or something like that.

Hardcore characters won't even access this because if they die they lose their account - yet that's how you summon these. That's another thing - Hardcore is REALLY hardcore if we add suggestions involving death to do - you miss out making it harder.

Back
Top Bottom