Desert biome weird with update?

Lakmoots

Terrarian
I am trying to work out what has happened to the enemy spawns in the Desert with the newest patch.

I am playing on a 1.1 generated world that has been updated.

Previously I could get spawns of Antlion Swarmers (flying ones) in the Desert, but they seem to completely NOT spawn now...

Also, during Sandstorms I am getting Antlion Swarmers appear instead of Tomb Crawlers (the worms).

From what I can tell from the wiki... this is not right. I *should* be getting Swarmers normally in the desert, and Tomb Crawlers should be spawning during Sandstorms.

I *have* killed Eye of Cthulhu, so I am not sure what is going on...

Have Swarmers been removed as above-ground enemies? Why won't Tomb Crawlers spawn in Sandstorms either? Is this because the world has no Underground Desert?

Well... it seems from some testing to be confirmed that they *have* changed the conditions for certain enemy spawns.

Antlion Swarmers will not spawn in above ground deserts anymore, and will only spawn in Sandstorms.

I cannot get any Tomb Crawlers to spawn during Sandstorms at all... and I believe that they must only appear in worlds with an underground desert.

The wiki seems to suggest nothing has changed, and also presumes that Tomb Crawlers appear above ground during Sandstorms, but this does not seem correct.

Back
Top Bottom