NPCs & Enemies Desert boss idea (updated and BETAX2)

The lil duck

The Destroyer
As we all know the desert biom and the mushroom biom are the only surface bioms to have exclusive bosses so i was thinking what would be a cool desert boss and i got a great idea if bees could have a queen why cant antlion chargers and regular antlions have a queen go to the second half of the page for the better version of the idea

So here are my ideas:

The queen:
Is pretty much a massive version of a charger

The shape could be like a egg shape maby a circal, the location could be at the lower middle of the desert and there should only be 1 nest.

What spawns in this area:
There would be a lot of those little baby versions of the animaltion chargers and the regular ones and the queen with be in a sleeping state and you will have to break the casing to awaken the queen

What the queen would drop

12 percent chance (anitation staff) summons anitations to fight for you

3 percent chance (anotation mandible dagger) a dangerous dagger that deals a-lot of damage

100 percent chance (anitation mandable 5-10)

25 percent chance (new pet idea you know these things in the underground desert that come from white eggs and around a lot and yeh those they could be like a pet)

10 percent (amber staff of light) can be shot at enemy’s to do damage and can be used fir a light scourse a little like that fire ball staff from hell

Her attacks

The queen will habe three attacks

1: charge wjen the wueen runs into you dealing alot of knock back

2: summon minions is where she summons desert mobs witch come out of her mouth

3: sand boulder the queen will shoot massive boulders of sand out of her mouth dealing the most damage

I would make this a post wall of flesh boss

This isent the most thought out idea but if u wana add and suggest ideas that would be great im not the ideas kind of guy

And this is a hard mode boss

Here is a better version someone else did

New Phases: Phase 2, 'Deserted', and phase 3, 'Dehydration'. Once in phase two, a slight desert blizzard occurs. Provides a debuff called 'Slightly Blinded' and 'Clipped Wings'. Once in phase 3, the boss stops the blizzard and constantly dashes at the player, shooting out sand spikes, tornados, and Antlion Chargers for 30 seconds. It is invincible while in this phase. Once done, slowly fades into dust (or sand). Phase 2 activates at half HP, and phase 3 activates at 1 HP.

New Debuffs: Causes two debuffs during phase two, 'Slightly Blinded' and 'Clipped Wings'. If enraged, causes the 'Half Blinded' and 'Destroyed Wings' debuffs while in phase 2.

Slightly Blinded - Slightly decreases the vision of the player for a indefinite amount of time until Phase 3.

Clipped Wings - Decreases the flight time in half for the player. Lasts for a indefinite amount of time until phase 3.

Half Blinded - Decreases the player's vision in half for a indefinite amount of time until Phase 3.

Destroyed Wings - Makes the player unable to use wings. The player can still use other non-wing items for agility and jump height boosts (Starboard, Hoverboard, Desert In A Bottle, Cloud In A Bottle, etc).

New Attacks: Spike Shoot-out (Shoots a spike out of its mouth), Swirl (Circles around the player before dashing at them, summoning a tornado that moves at the player), Sand Blast (Shoots out a beam of sand at the player).

New Item: The Deserter [10 Percent chance] (Summons a antlion queen mount that you can ride, with the unique ability to fly at half the amount of speed as the Starboard), True Desert Warrior [Obtained by beating the enraged mode of the Antlion Queen (A sword that summons sand spikes and tornados when used. Does a critical hit if aimed at the head of a mob).

Enraged Mode: If the boss goes out of the sand biome, a yellow glow will surround it. It gains a damage and defense buff, along with a speed buff. Becomes way faster and stronger, and its attacks shoot out more projectiles. Debuffs also become stronger, along with it summoning more tornadoes and Antlion Chargers.

Note: Once in enraged mode, Slightly Blinded is Replaced with Half Blinded, and Clipped Wings is replaced with Destroyed Wings. If led back to the sand biome, the glow will disappear and it's boosts will go away, putting the fight back to normal.

New Achievements: Queen Destroyer, Desert Defeater, Queen Of The Desert, True Warrior of The Desert, The Queen Trio Defeater, Trio Destroyer, Twice The Trio Trouble.

Queen Destroyer - Defeat all queen bosses (Queen Slime, Queen Bee, Antlion Queen).

Desert Defeater - Defeat all mobs in the desert biome (modded mobs included).

Queen Of The Desert - Defeat the Antlion Queen.

True Warrior of The Desert - Defeat the Antlion Queen, but the enraged version.

The Queen Trio Defeater - Defeat all queen bosses altogether (Queen Slime, Queen Bee, Antlion Queen).

Trio Destroyer - Defeat the Queen Trio and Mechanical Trio separately.

Twice The Trio Trouble - Defeat the Queen Trio and Mechanical Trio together.

(This is a lot. I'm sorry if you feel overwhelmed, i can get creative if i put my mind into it).

Last edited:
It certainly has potential. What should it drop and where should it fit into game progression? How hard should it be to awaken ðe Antlion Queen compared to Queen Bee? I just looked it up and it seems like antlions don't actually have queens, but i don't þink ðat matters much. Terraria isn't known for being realistic.

It certainly has potential. What should it drop and where should it fit into game progression? How hard should it be to awaken ðe Antlion Queen compared to Queen Bee? I just looked it up and it seems like antlions don't actually have queens, but i don't þink ðat matters much. Terraria isn't known for being realistic.
Fair point ill work on it soon

Can you give some boss attack and reward concepts?
I want to see your ideas, compare them to some I made previously for my desert boss, and share some constructive criticism.

It sounds like it would work similar to golem where it just sits there spitting sandstone boulders at you and periodically summoning winged antlions.

Ive added some more info on the idea
hang on, I'ma post a link to my Desert Boss Idea...

As we all know the desert biom and the mushroom biom are the only surface bioms to have exclusive bosses so i was thinking what would be a cool desert boss and i got a great idea if bees could have a queen why cant antlion chargers and regular antlions have a queen

So here are my ideas:

The queen:

The shape could be like a egg shape maby a circal, the location could be at the lower middle of the desert and there should only be 1 nest.

There would be a lot of those little baby versions of the animaltion chargers and the regular ones and the queen with be in a sleeping state and you will have to break the casing to awaken the queen

3 percent chance (anotation mandible dagger) a dangerous dagger that deals a-lot of damage

25 percent chance (new pet idea you know these things in the underground desert that come from white eggs and around a lot and yeh those they could be like a pet)

10 percent (amber staff of light) can be shot at enemy’s to do damage and can be used fir a light scourse a little like that fire ball staff from hell

Her attacks

3: sand boulder the queen will shoot massive boulders of sand out of her mouth dealing the most damage

This isent the most thought out idea but if u wana add and suggest ideas that would be great im not the ideas kind of guy
If u have any ideas to add on ti leme know

New Phases: Phase 2, 'Deserted', and phase 3, 'Dehydration'. Once in phase two, a slight desert blizzard occurs. Provides a debuff called 'Slightly Blinded' and 'Clipped Wings'. Once in phase 3, the boss stops the blizzard and constantly dashes at the player, shooting out sand spikes, tornados, and Antlion Chargers for 30 seconds. It is invincible while in this phase. Once done, slowly fades into dust (or sand). Phase 2 activates at half HP, and phase 3 activates at 1 HP.

New Debuffs: Causes two debuffs during phase two, 'Slightly Blinded' and 'Clipped Wings'. If enraged, causes the 'Half Blinded' and 'Destroyed Wings' debuffs while in phase 2.

Slightly Blinded - Slightly decreases the vision of the player for a indefinite amount of time until Phase 3.

Clipped Wings - Decreases the flight time in half for the player. Lasts for a indefinite amount of time until phase 3.

Half Blinded - Decreases the player's vision in half for a indefinite amount of time until Phase 3.

Destroyed Wings - Makes the player unable to use wings. The player can still use other non-wing items for agility and jump height boosts (Starboard, Hoverboard, Desert In A Bottle, Cloud In A Bottle, etc).

New Attacks: Spike Shoot-out (Shoots a spike out of its mouth), Swirl (Circles around the player before dashing at them, summoning a tornado that moves at the player), Sand Blast (Shoots out a beam of sand at the player).

New Item: The Deserter [10 Percent chance] (Summons a antlion queen mount that you can ride, with the unique ability to fly at half the amount of speed as the Starboard), True Desert Warrior [Obtained by beating the enraged mode of the Antlion Queen (A sword that summons sand spikes and tornados when used. Does a critical hit if aimed at the head of a mob).

Enraged Mode: If the boss goes out of the sand biome, a yellow glow will surround it. It gains a damage and defense buff, along with a speed buff. Becomes way faster and stronger, and its attacks shoot out more projectiles. Debuffs also become stronger, along with it summoning more tornadoes and Antlion Chargers.

Note: Once in enraged mode, Slightly Blinded is Replaced with Half Blinded, and Clipped Wings is replaced with Destroyed Wings. If led back to the sand biome, the glow will disappear and it's boosts will go away, putting the fight back to normal.

New Achievements: Queen Destroyer, Desert Defeater, Queen Of The Desert, True Warrior of The Desert, The Queen Trio Defeater, Trio Destroyer, Twice The Trio Trouble.

Queen Destroyer - Defeat all queen bosses (Queen Slime, Queen Bee, Antlion Queen).

The Queen Trio Defeater - Defeat all queen bosses altogether (Queen Slime, Queen Bee, Antlion Queen).

(This is a lot. I'm sorry if you feel overwhelmed, i can get creative if i put my mind into it).

As we all know the desert biom and the mushroom biom are the only surface bioms to have exclusive bosses so i was thinking what would be a cool desert boss and i got a great idea if bees could have a queen why cant antlion chargers and regular antlions have a queen

So here are my ideas:

The queen:

Her attacks

Omg wow

This possibly makes the Antlion Queen stronger than Plantera, but weaker than Empress Of Light by a decent or high difference (EOL is literally the definition of a bullet hell boss, but with cool lighting effects on her attacks).

As we all know the desert biom and the mushroom biom are the only surface bioms to have exclusive bosses so i was thinking what would be a cool desert boss and i got a great idea if bees could have a queen why cant antlion chargers and regular antlions have a queen go to the second half of the page for the better version of the idea

So here are my ideas:

The queen:

Her attacks

And this is a hard mode boss

Here is a better version someone else did

Just added your idea justnewsz7

Back
Top Bottom