Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Some (Give Reason)

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

ThatRandomBuilderGuy

Eye of Cthulhu
Cureently the desert has no special fishing rewards so you don’t really fish there, and the other biomes have special fishing rewards so why doesn’t this one? And with 1.3.6 there’s gonna be oasises to fish in so it will have naturally gen fish pools!
Quest Fish:

Sandfish
Angler Quote: There’s a really cool fish in the desert that spits sand at things! Gimme it so I can use it against a zombie!
Mummy Tuna
Angler Quote: I was fishing in the desert, and a fish that looked like a mummy jumped at me and slapped me with its wrappings! Bring me it so I can slap things!

Fishing Rewards:
Sandy Crate. Loot: Sandstorm Staff. Fossil Sword. Basilisk Horn (Hardmode only)
Fishlion (Needs name rework) Used to make Pincer Potion
Scorpion Tail. (Hardmode only)
Crawler Hatchling.
Loot Explained:
Pincer Potion: Makes you do more melee damage. Crafted with one Antlfish, 2 antlion mandibles, and a cactus
Fossil Sword: Launches sand projectiles every other swing. Base damage is 25 and sand projectiles do 15, but have 5 enemy pierce.
Sandstorm Staff: Summoning Weapon, Summons a sandstorm that launches small sand projectiles at enemy, Does 12 base damage.
Scorpion Tail: Flail, acts like solar eruption but doesn’t go through blocks. Inflicts venom and does 35 damage.
Crawler Hatchling: Spits at enemys. Magic weapon, uses 7 mana. 12 base damage.

Stats might need reworking later. Suggestion not finished will finish later.

Last edited:
Deserts are supposed to have minimal water. It's called a desert because of just how dry it is. Why would there be things related to fishing in a desert?
Now, I can imagine there being fishing-related things in the oasis sub-biome coming to 1.3.6, but not in the desert as a whole. Even then, there probably wouldn't be much anyway because worlds could spawn without them.

Deserts are supposed to have minimal water. It's called a desert because of just how dry it is. Why would there be things related to fishing in a desert?
Now, I can imagine there being fishing-related things in the oasis sub-biome coming to 1.3.6, but not in the desert as a whole. Even then, there probably wouldn't be much anyway because worlds could spawn without them.
You, uh, kinda answered your own question, there.

Back
Top Bottom