PC "Designate player home" mod?

Carnaxus

Terrarian
I tried searching the forums, I tried manually going through a couple pages of releases and WIP...does anyone know if there's a mod that lets you designate a "home" as being off-limits to NPCs?

It'd be nice if at least someone knowledgeable could pop in and give a definite "No, unfortunately, that doesn't exist" rather than leaving me sitting here feeling completely ignored.

Well, I don't know of one, but even I might not know all the mods. It does sound complicated though, so I'd guess no.

This shouldn't be a problem anymore, per the last update. If an npc dies and respawns it'll move into the home that he/she used last time. Although you might have to assign npc's manually first.
Haven't tested it myself, but this is from the wiki:
  • 1.3.5: NPCs who are manually assigned to a room will have their successor attempt to move in when the original is killed.

That's the problem. I make a workshop in a new world, and suddenly Mr. Merchant spawns in and takes it over as his home. I build him his own place and head out mining again, and suddenly Ms. Dryad makes herself at home in the workshop. I was hoping for some way to prevent them from ever taking over the workshop in the first place.

There isn't (at least not without mods), but at least the problem will fix itself after you get your last npc.

The way you said that makes me think you might know something...c'mon, spill! Don't make me get out the thumbtacks.
Know something? Err... Not really. It's just logic.
Right now you have the problem that newly arriving npc's occupy your house. But once all the npc's are present in your world and have been assigned to their own house they'll stick to their own houses even after they die and respawn. E.g. the problem will solve itself.

Yeah, it's just really annoying to have to continually boot them out of my workshop area. Ah well. I guess I'll just keep leaving the back wall wide open.

Back
Top Bottom