Blocks & Decoration Different chest sizes

Scubadog

Skeletron Prime
Heya,

I'm sure someone has brought this up before, but I really feel like there should be bigger and smaller chests, depending on the stage in game, rarity, depth etc. Say, the regular ol' wood chests could only hold a row of items, where as the corruption/hallow/jungle/ice dungeon chests could hold up to double the current amount of items.

This would create a hunt for better chests, allow for smaller storage rooms as well a drop option for the giant mimics.

I'm mainly suggesting this just because of how disappointing it is that chests so rare have absolutely no effect beyond looking pretty. Hell, you don't even have to size down the normal chests ,in case someone wants a particular themed-chest and doesn't want to be punished for it.

Just please, don't waste the potential of such great looking chests!

I dont support this, mostly because the chests se have today ARE the big versions of the original chests, and boy were they annoyingly small. And yes, their only point is being pretty, but isn't that basically every item? There is no difference between a normal sofa and a green dungeon sofa. In my opinion they are ok the way they are.

I dont support this, mostly because the chests se have today ARE the big versions of the original chests, and boy were they annoyingly small. And yes, their only point is being pretty, but isn't that basically every item? There is no difference between a normal sofa and a green dungeon sofa. In my opinion they are ok the way they are.
Fair enough. I still think the dungeon chests should be improved in some way. If not in the amount they can hold, at least make them emit light or something.

Back
Top Bottom