Digimon Rumble Arena 2

Dexterdude

Eye of Cthulhu
DIGIMON RUMBLE ARENA 2

Digimon Rumble Arena 2 is a fighting game released in 2004 for the PS2 , the Gamecube and the XBOX (original) , it is similar to Super Smash Brothers but with Digimon instead . Now this game has a bunch of different mechanics that make it unique and not identical to every single "all-stars" fighting game . The most important of these mechanics is the "digivolution" mechanic . Like Pokemon , Digimon can evolve too but unlike Pokemon , these evolutions happen during battle and are temporary . In order to "digivolve" you have to collect those blue orb things that come out when a Digimon gets hurt and fill up your meter until you can digivolve . This game has combos and stuff too but it is a little less complicated than Super Smash Brothers , it can get competitive though . Unlike Super Smash Brothers , it has a health meter , my personal preference .

In every stage , power-ups (and power-downs) spawn every once and a while which can really turn the match around . (Now I don't really remember whether there was an option to turn them off , I hope there is . )

This game has local multiplayer for up to 4 players , multiplayer is the best part of this game , pretty much like every other decent fighting game . When I was a little kid , I would rent this game like all the time and play with my brother and some friends on our PS2 , it would have probably been cheaper if we actually bought it instead , oh well...

Now this game also has a singleplayer arcade mode in which you can unlock playable characters , stages and even different gamemodes to add replay value . ( The arcade mode is the best mode , only if you have no friends . )

So why is there no active community for this game ? Where is the community ? I had to create this one instead ... Overall , I give this game a 7.5/10 , it lacked features that I really wanted, like Team Battles and the ability for multiple players to select the same character in a battle (which also means that there are no alternate color palettes for each character). I didn't really like the sound effects , some were kind of annoying however that is not a big problem . To be honest , this is the only Digimon game I have ever played as of now... However , this did not stop me from enjoying it . From me , you are more than welcome to try this game , I highly recommend it to anyone who likes games like Super Smash Bros.

#PalmonIsGodTier

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom