**REPORTED** Disabling the new block replacment ability doesn't revert seed placment.

Tzoshirzup

Terrarian
Steam or GOG
Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 8/8.1
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
Block replacment seems completely and utterly useless outside of creative building, it's doesn't aid actual game play at all. It does however hinder gameplay, I can no longer use smart placement to plant herb seeds because they are replacing mature (ready to be harvested) herbs of the other types. I.E. smart placing daybloom seeds will replace mature blinkroot.

Also, and this is really really fraustrating, if you damage a block by partially replacing it with another type or block, the block will remain damaged until replaced by a different block and then replaced again by the original type of block. Removing the damaged block with a pick then replacing it, replaces the block as damaged.
(Why don't damaged blocks at home repair eventually??? this doesn't really impact anything it's just kinda annoying to see damaged blocks at home)

Quick stack to nearby chests prioritises personal storage (piggy bank, safe, etc.) instead of chests; which it should only do for coins and nothing else.
An example; I keep a stack of wood in my piggy bank with other items i want to travel with but only need situationally and i keep winding up with multiple stacks of wood in my piggy bank wasting space because quick stack is putting it there rather than the chest with the rest of my wood next to the piggy bank at home.

Since i'm here, i'll drop my suggestions as well:
Remove the rule that accessories without a vanity appearance can't be placed in the vanity slots. For years i've been playing terraria and using the vanity slots for accessories i want to have with me to swap into quickly. Now it's a major inconvenience to do that when the item doesn't have a vanity appearance, since you can't swap from the vanity slot if the item your using doesn't have a vanity appearance, it just won't let you swap them. It also arbitrarely nerfs the usefulness of those accessories that can't go in the vanity slots since they now occupy an inventory slot when not in use.

Also it would be wonderful if we could have items put into inventory by equipping a replacment item, automatically favourited.
If you insist on non vanity accessories being unable to go in the vanity accories slot, I'd insist on implementing this idea to alleviate some of the problems it causes.

Ideally i'd appreciate both being added, since 3 helmets happens alot and losing an item you were using to despositing your inventory into a safe etc. while caving is super annoying.

Edit: Adittional bug; smart placing seeds won't replace filler plants in planter boxes.
Edit 2: Title changed from "I can't disable the new block replacment ability."

Last edited:
Block replacment seems completely and utterly useless outside of creative building, it's doesn't aid actual game play at all. It does however hinder gameplay, I can no longer use smart placement to plant herb seeds because they are replacing mature (ready to be harvested) herbs of the other types. I.E. smart placing daybloom seeds will replace mature blinkroot.

Also, and this is really really fraustrating, if you damage a block by partially replacing it with another type or block, the block will remain damaged until replaced by a different block and then replaced again by the original type of block. Removing the damaged block with a pick then replacing it, replaces the block as damaged.
(Why don't damaged blocks at home repair eventually??? this doesn't really impact anything it's just kinda annoying to see damaged blocks at home)

Quick stack to nearby chests prioritises personal storage (piggy bank, safe, etc.) instead of chests; which it should only do for coins and nothing else.
An example; I keep a stack of wood in my piggy bank with other items i want to travel with but only need situationally and i keep winding up with multiple stacks of wood in my piggy bank wasting space because quick stack is putting it there rather than the chest with the rest of my wood next to the piggy bank at home.

Since i'm here, i'll drop my suggestions as well:
Remove the rule that accessories without a vanity appearance can't be placed in the vanity slots. For years i've been playing terraria and using the vanity slots for accessories i want to have with me to swap into quickly. Now it's a major inconvenience to do that when the item doesn't have a vanity appearance, since you can't swap from the vanity slot if the item your using doesn't have a vanity appearance, it just won't let you swap them. It also arbitrarely nerfs the usefulness of those accessories that can't go in the vanity slots since they now occupy an inventory slot when not in use.

Also it would be wonderful if we could have items put into inventory by equipping a replacment item, automatically favourited.
If you insist on non vanity accessories being unable to go in the vanity accories slot, I'd insist on implementing this idea to alleviate some of the problems it causes.

Ideally i'd appreciate both being added, since 3 helmets happens alot and losing an item you were using to despositing your inventory into a safe etc. while caving is super annoying.
Do you not have the small icon on the top left to disable block swap when you open your inventory?

I hadn't seen that option, but yes i do, thank you, any chance it could also be added to the settings where it belongs?

However it doesn't work for the seeds . . . smart placing seeds even with block replacment turned off still replaces mature herbs.

I also discovered another bug curtsy of this. While smart placment will replace mature herbs with seeds it won't replace 'filler' plants. If you place a planter box and wait for it to spawn and filler plant then try smart place a herb seed in it, it will not replace the filler plant.

I hadn't seen that option, but yes i do, thank you, any chance it could also be added to the settings where it belongs?

However it doesn't work for the seeds . . . smart placing seeds even with block replacment turned off still replaces mature herbs.

I also discovered another bug curtsy of this. While smart placment will replace mature herbs with seeds it won't replace 'filler' plants. If you place a planter box and wait for it to spawn and filler plant then try smart place a herb seed in it, it will not replace the filler plant.
Yea, I understand not seeing it. I didn't notice till a friend of mine pointed it out.

The change to seeds is unrelated to Block Swap, this was a change made independently to Herb Smart Placement.

I'm looking into the inability to replace stray flowers, it may not be intended.

The cracked-block remaining damaged is also a reported issue that we will look into.

Why was it changed?!? Surely Staff of Regrowths increased herb harvesting returns superseeds the need for seeds to replace mature herbs.

Could a toggle be added to revert seed smart placement. Since planting seeds has such a large use time; doing it without smart placement is very time consuming and awkward; which for me has quite a large negative impact on gameplay.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom