Tool [Discontinued] Custom World Generator -- TerraCustom

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just curious, can this custom world generator work with tAPI mods that add ores to the game? I only use the Thorium+ mod, but I rather enjoy all the extra items it adds to the game.
This tool is not compatible with tAPI so you can't use it with other mods... Once I make tAPI compatible version, then it will take me for quite a while and it's going to be after v1.3 update.

Just tried it out and I love it! A large hardmode world with no corruption/crimson, living trees, a pyramid and enough hardmode ores equivalent to breaking 33 altars. A perfect place for builders.

Sweet! Thanks for this.

Can you add an enable/disable for the ocean, please, and possibly the underworld?
Secondary thing for ocean, maybe make a way for it to generate somewhere in the middle of the map instead of the sides? That is one thing that has always bothered me about Terraria, everything in the land generation is random, except for the ocean positioning (and the underworld and space, but those are more understandable).

Great tool. When i found your map generator it re-sparked my interest in Terraria.

I enjoy TerraCustom immensely and have become obsessed with it. I sit here literally for hours browsing through the maps and to see what little tweaks the map generation has for me. I enjoying taking notice in the very subtle differences the world generator produces from the size of temples and dungeons to the number of hives and shrines in the jungles and number of cabins in the underground. The list goes on and on.

I am working on a custom map and am generating tons of worlds in order to receive the most ideal map features that I can find to import into my current project.

I use TerraCustom to create 10-15 maps at a time and open them in TEdit in an effort to hunt down those features. Having to wait for it to generate one map at a time and manually tell it again to generate 14 more maps with identical options feels a bit tedious and makes multitasking while generating worlds impossible.

Which brings me to another point of my post. I have a quality of life feature request. I think it would be beneficial to be able to automatically generate a chosen number maps let's say with green dungeons. Now I can "set it and forget it" and go back to working on something else while the program finishes.

It would also need to be able to append the file name with the sequential number the map was generated. For example. I want to name this series of maps "Green Dungeons". Than TerraCstuom would rename them "green dungeons 1", "green dungeons 2" etc.

Other things in the thread that interest me are sliders to adjust the number of gems, living trees, pyramids, hives, shrines, floating islands and underground cabins.

I feel these features would be of great benefit as it would free up some time to multitask while waiting for it to finish.

Again thank you for the great tool. Your contribution to the community is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Which brings me to another point of my post. I have a quality of life feature request. I think it would be beneficial to be able to automatically generate a chosen number maps let's say with green dungeons. Now I can "set it and forget it" and go back to working on something else while the program finishes.

When generating worlds, it saves your settings as long as you choose the same world size. So it's just a matter of letting it generate and relaunching it.

I've gotta admit, it's pretty awesome spawning a builder world without corruption and crimson. Great work on the tool, I didn't think I could have this much fun with a vanilla character again.

If I set it to generate both tier 1 ores (copper and tin), how does the amount of ore I get work? Will I get 200% of tier 1 ore in total, resulting in the same amount of each single ore as if only one ore was in the world, or will the total amount of tier 1 ore stay the same and be divided between the two?

will the total amount of tier 1 ore stay the same and be divided between the two?
It will split in two. In the following image you can see that the total amount of tier 1 ore is approximately 68,000, which gets divided in two if you chose to have 2 tier 1 ores. You can also see the diminishing return effect of breaking up to 12 altars once you're in hardmode.
Capture.PNG

It will split in two. In the following image you can see that the total amount of tier 1 ore is approximately 68,000, which gets divided in two if you chose to have 2 tier 1 ores. You can also see the diminishing return effect of breaking up to 12 altars once you're in hardmode.
View attachment 22058

Ah I see, thanks for taking the time to do that! [:

View attachment 22058

Thank you for that information I have been very curious about TerraCustom's ore generation.. How did you go about extrapolating the data?

Thank you for that information I have been very curious about TerraCustom's ore generation.. How did you go about extrapolating the data?

I presume that there's a map viewer such as TEdit which allows you to view the totals of all the different ores in a World - creating one world with both and one with one of each tier, and then comparing them, I guess. I should have thought of it myself honestly..!

I presume that there's a map viewer such as TEdit which allows you to view the totals of all the different ores in a World - creating one world with both and one with one of each tier, and then comparing them, I guess. I should have thought of it myself honestly..!

TEdit does not do it. That's why i asked.

zKrieg2 said:
[DELETED]

I asked a very specific question and you have not answered it. Sorry.

To those who may be interested, it seems like TerraMap will do it, judging by the documentation.

Is there anything for spider caves? D: sorrytobargeinimsorry

You can only disable them at the current time. I'm 99% sure all worlds will have a Spider Cave somewhere, if it was something like guaranteeing Pyramids and Trees you were after

To those who may be interested, it seems like TerraMap will do it, judging by the documentation.

You can only disable them at the current time. I'm 99% sure all worlds will have a Spider Cave somewhere, if it was something like guaranteeing Pyramids and Trees you were after
So you can disable them? (Disable as in not make 'em spawn right?)

Terramap does not include an option to display ore counts. All it does is find and then highlight them on the map.

Got a question will this be updated after 1.3 comes out? Just kinda curious I really like it so far.

Terramap does not include an option to display ore counts. All it does is find and then highlight them on the map.

Actually, Terramap can count ores, or mostly any kind of block.
if you select an ore from the block list, then "highlight all", in the bottom right of the screen it will say "Highlighted x out of 5040000 blocks in x seconds"
If an chest has an ore or other block, it will count it too, adding 4 blocks for each chest with the selected items. Certain blocks like demon altars or statues can be counted too, is just that each one equals to 6 blocks.

however, there are some things it can find, only show, like life crystals or gems that are embed in stone (but it can count the gems that are placed in stone, or stored in chests.

Actually, Terramap can count ores, or mostly any kind of block.
if you select an ore from the block list, then "highlight all", in the bottom right of the screen it will say "Highlighted x out of 5040000 blocks in x seconds"
If an chest has an ore or other block, it will count it too, adding 4 blocks for each chest with the selected items. Certain blocks like demon altars or statues can be counted too, is just that each one equals to 6 blocks.

however, there are some things it can find, only show, like life crystals or gems that are embed in stone (but it can count the gems that are placed in stone, or stored in chests.

That is a block count and not an individual ore count. That's only telling you the total number of the selected item type and not the individual counts for separate ores. There is a difference.

I don't want to know that there are a total of 5 million ore blocks in the map . I want to know how many of each type of ore were generated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom