Tool [Discontinued] Custom World Generator -- TerraCustom

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made a minor update with bug fix and a bit more options. This is likely the last update until the next update of Terraria.
I just wanted to show that I'm still passionate about making this tool better.

Thanks for people who supported TerraCustom. There were lots of great features that I couldn't make it implemented. I hope I can make it even better in the next update. I'll keep watching the thread so feel free to give me comments/suggestions/bug report/questions.

See you around :)

Why there isn't a "Corruption/Crimson BOTH" option in 1.1.4.1?
It's in Miscellaneous options. At least, it's there on mine.

**EDIT** Oh wait, I forgot the new version was on my laptop. You are right, the option for 'Both' is not there.
There are "Corruption with Crimson Chasm" and "Crimson with Corruption Chasm" instead. They both create both biomes. "Corruption with Crimson Chasm" creates a map with a corruption flag and the other one with crimson. There isn't a critical difference in map generation between them. It's just that you can choose either corruption or crimson is flagged.

This is definitely something I will use. The only question that I never understand - who bothers to do these things? ( Proboably someone will tell me "me" to troll me / just say it ). Well this will be gr8 for making some challenges :). And I will in fact suggest a challange - No trees , pyramids , living trees and u need to defeat the skeletron before the 2nd night. Gl If u will do it , gtg

I downloaded the latest version and I keep getting the option corruption with crimson caverns or crimson with corruption caverns when I simply want both
And I can't seem to do both hard-mode ores even though I go to both the ores setting and the ore amount setting.
Please help!

I downloaded the latest version and I keep getting the option corruption with crimson caverns or crimson with corruption caverns when I simply want both
And I can't seem to do both hard-mode ores even though I go to both the ores setting and the ore amount setting.
Please help!

Corruption with Crimson Caverns means the world will be counted as Corruption by the game- the Eye of Cthulhu will drop Demonite, the Dryad will tell you how much of the world is corrupt, and lines of Corruption will generate upon defeating the Wall of Flesh. However, Crimson Caverns will still spawn in the world. Crimson with Corruption Caverns is the exact opposite.

As for getting both hardmode ore types...

FunXx9q.png

Set the ore type you want to generate when you first smash altars.

xZ3W9CV.png

Set this to whatever you want. It'll generate alternate hardmode ores with the world.

Does this work when using the Gameiki mod?
You should be able to use the Gameiki mod on maps created using this tool, as this tool only creates vanilla-compatible maps currently, so there should be no compatibility issues.

Corruption with Crimson Caverns means the world will be counted as Corruption by the game- the Eye of Cthulhu will drop Demonite, the Dryad will tell you how much of the world is corrupt, and lines of Corruption will generate upon defeating the Wall of Flesh. However, Crimson Caverns will still spawn in the world. Crimson with Corruption Caverns is the exact opposite.

As for getting both hardmode ore types...

FunXx9q.png

Set the ore type you want to generate when you first smash altars.

xZ3W9CV.png

Set this to whatever you want. It'll generate alternate hardmode ores with the world.

Hey thanks a lot for that explanation! Seems a bit strange to do that, I assumed wrongly as the person you were helping that setting that to "a lot" generated the ones you set in the Ores page.

Again thanks, was about to submit a bug report!

Amazing work, now I don't have to generate loads of worlds (it takes a lot of time on my Wooden PC)! Nice tool for creating server map. Can't wait to use it with brand new Terraria 1.3! First you will have to update it, ofc. I hope you will do it, it will be great! :)

I signed up just to ask about this mod. Will it be updated when 1.3 comes out?

Amazing work, now I don't have to generate loads of worlds (it takes a lot of time on my Wooden PC)! Nice tool for creating server map. Can't wait to use it with brand new Terraria 1.3! First you will have to update it, ofc. I hope you will do it, it will be great! :)

From what has been said before, it will be updated and maybe added support for mods, but that's up to PinkPlum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom