Tool [Discontinued] Custom World Generator -- TerraCustom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, will this allow me to alter the ores in an existing world? By that I mean 'painting over' the existing ores.
Not sure I feel like investing too much time in a world I'll just abandon once this is updated.

Okay, will this allow me to alter the ores in an existing world? By that I mean 'painting over' the existing ores.
Not sure I feel like investing too much time in a world I'll just abandon once this is updated.
"Custom World Generator" as in "a program that makes a world from scratch to user specifications".

I have to admit, it's not very assuring that PinkPlum has not posted in this thread about whether or not he's updating the program for 1.3.

Though, even if he is working on it, I can't blame him for being silent with people likely going to keep bugging him for something he works for without pay.

On reddit someone wrote that PinkPlum promised to update it when 1.3 is released.

But as we all know not everything goes the way we want it. Of course im a little impatient too because this mod is the only way for me to fully enjoy terraria (cause i dont like crimson and some of the alternate ores), but ill be super happy when its finally updated for 1.3

Will you people calm down? She'll get to it when she gets to it. It's a free program, and it's probably a lot of work for her.

goodcheapfast.jpg

You're asking for something good, and you're asking for something cheap, so it won't be fast.

Hi Terrarians!

I know everyone is craving for update v1.3, but why not play one more world before the update with your favorite ores/biomes/backgrounds etc.? Did you know that Terraria has 14 different backgrounds and 6 kinds of trees in the Forest? You'd better check them out and find your favorite one with this tool.
I made a new tool for PC Terraria called TerraCustom which generates random worlds with custom conditions.

PXeFVAm.png

TerraCustom allows you to select ores, biomes, tree types, moon graphic, backgrounds to create. You can also generate the world with both kinds of alternative ores and biomes (ever wanted a world with crimson and corruption so that you have access to all of the bosses?). You will no longer need to create new worlds again and again until you get your favorite kind of combinations (which lots of you and I have done before haha). You can decide if the world has pyramids or giant trees, yet the worlds created are still random and the generation is based on the original algorithm.

Features:
  • Select one of the alternative ores or both to generate. (Normal mode ores only v1.0.1 update: you can select hardmode ores as well!)
  • Select graphics forest trees, the moon, backgrounds, dungeon colors, and moss colors.
  • Select the Corruption/Crimson or both or neither.
  • Choose pyramids and giant trees to be generated or not.
  • It also includes lists of images of backgrounds, trees, and moons.
  • (v1.0.1) You can start with hardmode.
  • (v1.1.0) This tool is DRM free. However, you still need a copy of Terraria (either a Steam or GoG version) to use it.
  • (v1.1.2) Options for challengers generating maps with no trees, dungeons, or temples.
  • (v1.1.3) Options to set the amount of each ore generated.
  • (v1.1.3) Option to not generate snow or jungle biome.
  • (v1.1.4.1) Option to set jungle shrine blocks
  • *(v1.1.3) Option to generate hardmode ores in the beginning. You will be able to have all kinds of hardmode ores after smashing altars during the game.
Instructions:
  1. Download TerraCustom here.
    When the link above is not available, use this link.
  2. Unzip and open the file.
  3. Put TerraCuston.exe to the directory where your Terraria exists.
    For Steam users, C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Terraria
    For GoG users, C:\GOG Games\Terraria

If you have both? Pick your favorite one!
  4. Double click TerraCustom to run the tool.
Video Tutorials:
The interface looks just like the official Terraria menu so the use of this tool is straightforward. Simply click the condition you want to change to customize the world you want to generate. The backgrounds, trees, and moons styles that correspond to the numbers are in the Graphic Styles folder. The default setting is all random which generates the same worlds as the official Terraria generates.

This tool only supports PC Terraria v1.2.4.1.
If you liked my tool and want to see future updates, please support me by donation here.
I would very appreciate and be motivated to work on updates :)

Latest version: v1.1.4.1
Download link: Download

Download without waiting (also a backup when the link above is not available): link.
Donation link (Thank you!): Donate

I am open to any kind of feedback, questions, bug reports and suggestion.

Thank you for reading the post and enjoy YOUR Terraria worlds!

*New*
v1.1.3: Now You are able to have all kinds of hardmode ores after smashing altars during the game!
*In the Ore Amount option, there is a slide bar that generates alternate hardmode ores in the beginning. Say you choose old ores in Ores option, then setting this slide bar will generate new ores in the map and smashing altars will generate old ores. Yes, these ores generated by this tool will appear in the map even though you are not in the hardmode, so you can mine them if you have a strong pickaxe.

Thanks to Evilgrapez for making a video tutorial on TerraCustom v1.1.2!
View Evilgrapez's video here.

Thanks to meetyourdemize for making an awesome video showing the features of the tool and how to use it.
View meetyourdemize's video here.
Will this be updated for 1.3?????

Will you people calm down? She'll get to it when she gets to it. It's a free program, and it's probably a lot of work for her.

goodcheapfast.jpg

You're asking for something good, and you're asking for something cheap, so it won't be fast.
If I could "like" this post more than once, I would do so at least twenty times. :dryadgrin:

To those already asking for an update, you desperately need large doses of this thing called 'patience'. I know it's difficult, but so, too, is developing software like this on one's own, for free, while presumably still having a job to worry about, or school to attend, and/or other things to take care of that are also more important than this. For those doing this kind of work for free, this thing called "real life" comes first, and I certainly don't fault them for it, nor should anyone else. Additionally, 1.3 was a HUGE update, meaning that updating a piece of software such as this for it will take a lot of time...certainly more than a mere week.

Community software developers are not robots that churn out lines of code twenty-four hours per day, seven days per week. Nor are paid software developers, on that note, but that is a different matter entirely.

Let's also not forget the fact that PinkPlum may want to actually play with the update a bit before working on this. After all, she is a player of the game, just like the rest of us, and has likely been anticipating this update to the game, alongside all of us. If that is the case, then again, patience please, and don't fault her for it. After all, she is doing this for free in her free time when she wants to...it's only fair to let her decide how she uses her free time, of which she no doubt has a very finite amount.

I did every installation step, I unzipped the file, and placed only terracustom.exe in the location mof my terraria.exe. When I try to run this program it comes up with errors that say: Terraria: error and a list of missing images and files such as the craft button and the contentmanager and things I do no understand. If you need the specifics I will type what it says out. Did I do something wrong when I installed it, or is it just because of the 1.3 update and because it has not been updated yet. As a terraria player who likes to have specific ores and through my OCD created many worlds just to delete them because it has tin instead of copper I would appreciate and a response right away.

I did every installation step, I unzipped the file, and placed only terracustom.exe in the location mof my terraria.exe. When I try to run this program it comes up with errors that say: Terraria: error and a list of missing images and files such as the craft button and the contentmanager and things I do no understand. If you need the specifics I will type what it says out. Did I do something wrong when I installed it, or is it just because of the 1.3 update and because it has not been updated yet. As a terraria player who likes to have specific ores and through my OCD created many worlds just to delete them because it has tin instead of copper I would appreciate and a response right away.
Its because of the 1.3 update

I'm just going to put the blame on Re-Logic for not putting something similar to this mod in the game. Seriously, the randomized deal is just ridiculous especially if one set of ores is stronger than the other. I want the original set for Normal Mode and stronger set for Expert Mode!

Also if you guys are so insistent PinkPlum working faster, maybe you should talk with your wallets and donate for encouragement.

Thank you
[DOUBLEPOST=1436358164,1436358144][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thank you
sorry new to forums...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom