Weapons & Equip Diversifying endgame equipment and Boss drops for the cultist

I just realized that there's something that's a huge problem. Try grinding for the item you actually need. You'll have to go through a lot of stuff and a long wait before getting a chance to get the wrong item again.

Perhaps the cultist should drop a crafting material?
Hmm Good point I had done it this way originally because I figured the player was going to have to kill the moon lord a bunch of times but Iwas actually thinking of having him drop a weapon based on what the player used to kill him. A crafting material could work though as I probably did underestimate the RNG so good call. What should it be called though I'm thinking something related to runes the name is going to be tough though what about I.D.K. Runic Flux? Ancient Rune? Runic Sigil?

Tenitive possible recipies
1 Rune+Chlorophyte Partisan=Arcane Spear

1 Rune+Light Disk(3)=Runic Chakrams(3)

1 Rune+Flamethrower=Spell Burn

1 Rune+Dart Rifle/Pistol=A.D.R. or 1 Rune +Venus Magnum=A.D.R.

1 Rune+NettleBurst=Arclight

1 Rune+??=Void Sphere

1 Rune+??=Chaos Staff

1 Rune+??=Staff of the Visage
The last three are kinda hard to think of anything for the other material...

Hmm Good point I had done it this way originally because I figured the player was going to have to kill the moon lord a bunch of times but Iwas actually thinking of having him drop a weapon based on what the player used to kill him. A crafting material could work though as I probably did underestimate the RNG so good call. What should it be called though I'm thinking something related to runes the name is going to be tough though what about I.D.K. Runic Flux? Ancient Rune? Runic Sigil?

Tenitive possible recipies
1 Rune+Chlorophyte Partisan=Arcane Spear

1 Rune+Light Disk(3)=Runic Chakrams(3)

1 Rune+Flamethrower=Spell Burn

1 Rune+Dart Rifle/Pistol=A.D.R. or 1 Rune +Venus Magnum=A.D.R.

1 Rune+NettleBurst=Arclight

1 Rune+??=Void Sphere

1 Rune+??=Chaos Staff

1 Rune+??=Staff of the Visage
The last three are kinda hard to think of anything for the other material...
I uh...I didn't think that far ahead.

...;(
Well I have though of something for the Void sphere at least how about the magnet sphere as a material?
The problem is the summoner ones as there really are no good summons to use as materials sigh...
You're right. Unless it's done with the actual crafting material alone it'll be difficult to figure out something for those. Plus if someone didn't think to get the actual item beforehand they wouldn't have any way of knowing they could get the cool upgrade for it.

You're right. Unless it's done with the actual crafting material alone it'll be difficult to figure out something for those. Plus if someone didn't think to get the actual item beforehand they wouldn't have any way of knowing they could get the cool upgrade for it.
Well I could go back to raw materials the question becomes how to differentiate them particularly the melee ones... Actually screw it light disks/flamthrower mat. stay unchanged -_-
Raw Mat. Only solution:
Rune+12 Chlorophyte bars=Arcane Spear

1 Rune + Light Disks(3)=Runic Chakrams(3)

1 Rune + Flamethrower/Elf Melter=Spell Burn I think this is fine both uses for souls of fright lead to flamethrowers so...

1 Rune + Illegal Gun parts+ 10 Shroomite bars=A.D.R. or 1 Rune +Venus Magnum=A.D.R.

1 Rune + Spell book+10 Souls of light + 5 ectoplasm=Arclight

1 Rune + Spell book +10 souls of Night+5 ectoplasm=Void Sphere

1 Rune +10 spectre bars +10 Crimtane/Demonite=Chaos Staff

1 Rune +10 Spectre Bars+10 Meteorite=Staff of the Visage

I was pulling at strings here as I was trying to avoid optional event materials. If those are free for use the spooky wood is a preferable base for the later is my line of thought... Any comments on this?

Well I could go back to raw materials the question becomes how to differentiate them particularly the melee ones... Actually screw it light disks/flamthrower mat. stay unchanged -_-
Raw Mat. Only solution:
Rune+12 Chlorophyte bars=Arcane Spear

1 Rune + Light Disks(3)=Runic Chakrams(3)

1 Rune + Flamethrower/Elf Melter=Spell Burn I think this is fine both uses for souls of fright lead to flamethrowers so...

1 Rune + Illegal Gun parts+ 10 Shroomite bars=A.D.R. or 1 Rune +Venus Magnum=A.D.R.

1 Rune + Spell book+10 Souls of light + 5 ectoplasm=Arclight

1 Rune + Spell book +10 souls of Night+5 ectoplasm=Void Sphere

1 Rune +10 spectre bars +10 Crimtane/Demonite=Chaos Staff

1 Rune +10 Spectre Bars+10 Meteorite=Staff of the Visage

I was pulling at strings here as I was trying to avoid optional event materials. If those are free for use the spooky wood is a preferable base for the later is my line of thought... Any comments on this?
Good enough. They would have had the opportunity to go to the guide and find out the things they could use the material for. They would have some knowledge that they'd need to gather the materials.

Last Updated 9/23/2016 would leave a message stating that but I was the last person to reply :(

Terraria has a great climatic endgame however certain enjoyable weapons are lacking from the endgame scene, more over the Lunar cultist only has one unique drop which is a crafting station for the event that it triggers making it the most obvious place to add further additions.

There is also some difficulty for players newly entering the lunar event as the sheer intensity and challenge of the events can lead to their quick deaths.

Lunatic Cultist Drops would be geared with two unique options for each class scaled for the lunar events each item would have an equal chance of dropping or a one in eight chance over all.

Melee Weapons

Arcane Spear- A spear class weapon when swung simultaneously fires three beams with the following Properties at once. The damage of the beam is modified by whether the three beams join in the enemies hit box or not thus dealing extreme damage at the weapons sweet spot(It does count as piercing however so missing the sweet spot hurts the effectiveness.

Short explanation: one beam strait 2 other mirro opisite sinisoidal waves centered around the central beam. Coded to do bonus damage if the enemy is hit by the point where all beams meet. Beams made of glowing runes(like rune wall)

Note for the following equations:
x=distance in the direction the spear was pointed
n=constant able to be adjusted for balancing the beam width
m=constant determining the base speed of the standard projectile if possible
Appearance: Strait beam of (Green+Yellow) light sustained long enough for the beam to pass of screen.
Trajectory: B1=x;
Knockback=1
Velocity=m

Appearance: Oscillating (Blue+Cyan) runes, based on the runes displayed on placed rune walls);
Trajectory: B2=n*sin(x);
Knockback=0.5*Cos(x)+1;
Velocity=m*Sin(x) ;

Appearance: Oscillating red runes (red+Magenta) ) runes, based on the runes displayed on placed rune walls);
Trajectory B3=-n*Sin(x) Knockback=0.5*Cos(x);
The n value can be adjusted to affect the balance and effectiveness of the weapon

Sweet spot for bonus damage occurs where (B1(x)=B2(x)=B3(x)=0)

Preliminary Stats :
Melee_Damage=120(weapon), 100(beam),300 at "sweet spot” ;

Use_time=26;
Velocity=5.7;
Knockback=5

Runic Chakrams
Preliminary Stats:
Melee Damage= 70 (per disk)

A set of 3 chakrams automatically stacked. each of these, excluding their unique elements listed below can be considered an upgrade to the thorn chakram and Light Disks in general behavior.
In particular the set of chakrams is used similar light disks except the properties of the three vary featuring a glowing elemental core at the center of each, representing Fire, Ice and Lightning respectively. The order they are thrown in is random, however there is only one of each and each can only be thrown again after that chakram has returned to the player.

Effect: thrown strait, upon hitting an enemy explodes in a burst fire damaging all enemies in the explosion when thrown before bouncing off to another enemy or returning. Upon bouncing three times or hitting two enemies it returns to the thrower.
Knockback:8
Velocity:13
Basically a thrown Chakram that explodes when it hits stuff.

Effect: thrown strait, upon hitting an enemy for the first time the chakram emits a ring of icicles (similar to the cultist’s ice attack but smaller) and begins to slow down passing through any enemies and obstacles in its way until it stops. When it slows to a stop it immediately returns to the thrower at rapid speed hitting any enemies in its path. If it hits an obstacle before it hits an enemy it also immediately returns to the thrower. Unlike the other two it deals piercing damage.
Knockback:10
Velocity: launches at 14 decreases to zero and returns at 15
Acts similar to the paladins hammer rather than a normal chakram fires a ring of icicles when it hits an enemy

Effect: unlike the other two that are thrown like normal chakrams, soon after launch it starts homing in on enemies in a way similar to the possessed Hatchet, as it gets close enough arcs of lightning bolts similar to the magnets sphere though it needs to be at least three times closer than the magnet sphere does to fire beams. After a certain amount of time or if no enemies are present it automatically returns.
Knockback:2
Velocity:17
What you might get if the Thorn Chakram, Magnet Sphere and Possessed Hatchet produced a hybrid.

Ranged weapons

A.D.R. (short for Arcane Dart Revolver)
Tooltip: “Arcane Dart Revolver, if only bullets had elements”
Ranged Damage=50+ (damage of dart)

This magical dart revolver’s shots randomly activate a colored magic circle becoming one of 6 special types of darts each the respective color as the circle it was fired from.
Each shot has a 1 in 6 chance of being each respective special dart type(it will always be one of the 6)

launched darts explode on contact with an enemy for 3 times the normal damage (negates any effects native to the dart similarly to the pulse bow and arrows)
Hellfire arrow equivalent for darts

The dart splits into a group of 3 darts in parallel. Does apply the darts original effects
Dart equivalent of chloropyte shot bow

The dart rapidly speeds up leaving a lingering trail that then falls. The trail behaves similar to the snowflakes produced similar to the North Pole spear head(the damage is capped similarly). Deals piercing damage and negates any special property of the dart.
North pole like effect with full projectile over ride

the dart travels at half its normal speed while dealing twice the normal damage. It keeps going off-screen in a similar manner to Jester arrows passing through any enemies and walls in the way before disappearing. Deals piercing damage and negates any special property of the dart.
Full override darts shoot slow and go strait

The dart gains homing properties similar to chlorophyte bullets. The dart otherwise retains any original properties
Adds homing properties to the fired darts(no other changes)

Upon hitting the target triggers a falling star effect both the dart and the spawned stars pierce the target. The original dart retains its effects however the spawned stars do not. Dart deals half base damage while the stars deal double damage.
No effect override but cursed flames don't produce extra stars

Spellburn
Ranged Damage:50
Knockback:0.5
Velocity 10
Tooltip:"Can't pick one? Take everything"

An upgrade to the flamethrower it shoots 5 magical streams of flame always at the cost of 5 gel per shot(though ammo conservation effects can be used) The streams have the following properties:

-Normal flame stream: inflicts on fire, 100% chance (7 second debuff duration)

-Frost fire stream: inflicts frost burn, 33% chance (5 second debuff duration)

-Shadow flame stream: inflicts shadow flame, 20% chance (5 second debuff duration)

-Cursed flame stream: inflicts cursed flames, 33% chance (7 second debuff duration)

-Ichor flame stream: inflicts ichor, 10% chance (3 second debuff duration)

Magic weapons

Arclight
Magic Damage: 34
Mana Cost: 20
Knockback:1
Velocity:40
Use time 24
Tooltip:"Behold the light"
Effect:Fires five rays of light in a fan pattern that extends for 20 tiles even through walls and lingers for about 2 seconds. Features a small defense reduction effect akin to the sharktooth necklace to offset the high defense of lunar foes
Basically a vilethorn upgrade with multiple beams spread out wide with weak defense piercing to help compensate for the very high defense of endgame foes.

Void sphere
Magic Damage: 60
Mana Cost: 50
Knockback: -1.5
Use time: 35
Tool tip:"No escape"

Effect:The void sphere acts as another placeable spell that deals lingering damage to enemies that walk through it. It can be placed where ever the player clicks. Acts like nimbus cloud except it produces a purple sphere around the created void that hurts enemies walking through it this sphere extends in all direction for about five tiles and lasts for about the same time frame as the nimbus cloud though only one of these can be places(you can use the crimson rod and nimbus rod at the same time however). The negative knockback acts to send enemies to the center of the lingering weapon for the duration in exchange it can't get knock back affecting modifiers so Demonic or Mystic are the best possible modifiers

Summon Weapons
(Note: Both of these are test examples to try and expand the roles of various summons please comment in regards to these)

Staff of Chaos
Summon Damage: 150(head and mouth segments) 100(body) 80(projectile)
20 mana
Tooltip: “sometimes we just take chances”

An unusual summon weapon. It summons a powerful boss like Chaos Worm hostile to everything the player included.(However Doesn't attack NPC's or other players to avoid griefing) Note that it counts as a sentry type minion even if it is mobile(i.e. doesn't take up a standard minion slot)

The summon looks like a worm with squid like tentacles about the length of a wyvern with a segment featuring additional mouths every 3 segments after the head . Furthermore its aesthetics are similar to the four pillars.
While it uses worm AI Behavior wise it uses 3 general behaviors.

Normally it moves across the screen slowly focusing down the nearest target occasionally speeding up a bit as it turns(i.e. a slower variant of normal worm behavior).

However if it sees enemies that are out of reach(including the player), it fires out purple blasts that explode on contact with enemies or the player out from the head and “ extra mouths” along its body. These projectiles should be dodged as they will hurt the player.

Lastly if no enemies (including the player) are in range or hiding far enough away off screen, it can curl up its body and teleport across the screen.

Once summoned the worm prioritizes the nearest target so the player must avoid it for the summons 2 minute duration(should this be extended or reduced?). The worm cannot be attacked or be unsummoned, though it does despawn if no players are around. Reusing the staff while it is already active increases the duration by 2 minutes not resetting it or unsummoning it.

Staff of the visage
Summon Damage: 30
Mana cost: 10

Appearing like a smaller variant of the cultists second minion summon (Ancient Vision), it Utilizes a similar mechanic to the stardust dragon with a few tweaks.

This minion gets stronger the more times it is stacked, however unlike other minions it has a limited life and draws enemy agro away from the player. Every time it is hit by an enemy, player invincibility frames are triggered the enemy is dealt 30 summon damage and its color hue changes greenish tint at “full health” yellow tint “half health” red tint “near defeat” after it is “defeated" it reverts to one minion count lower forcing the player to summon again if they wish to recover the strength that was lost. Summon slots used by other summon weapons will be skipped. Additionally summoning doesn’t affect the current stage unless slots are full. The minion thus should be thought of as a temporary distracting shield at the cost of minion slots.

Please comment on what you think of this as well as any improvements or changes to work on to make this better. I also have not included an expert mode item as I have seen enough good suggestions for that :)

I enjoy the idea of more being added to the game in terms of end-game weapons, but i believe that the creation of new items should be coupled with the introducing of new monsters.:zombie:This being practically impossible (unless there are things the player has not yet done) due to it being at the end of the game, it would be better if there were harder enemies and more bosses... :golem:
Understandable that there are already a :redspin: load of enemies and items and more couldn't be logically added into the game because it would be "too much" I do however, conclude, that this idea is awesome and would add to an already awesome game, i find it a "little" pointless if there isn't further challenge...:dryadsmile::dryadhappy:

I enjoy the idea of more being added to the game in terms of end-game weapons, but i believe that the creation of new items should be coupled with the introducing of new monsters.:zombie:This being practically impossible (unless there are things the player has not yet done) due to it being at the end of the game, it would be better if there were harder enemies and more bosses... :golem:
Understandable that there are already a :redspin: load of enemies and items and more couldn't be logically added into the game because it would be "too much" I do however, conclude, that this idea is awesome and would add to an already awesome game, i find it a "little" pointless if there isn't further challenge...:dryadsmile::dryadhappy:
I understand how you feel I actually have a WIP suggestion in that regard but I kinda stopped working on it when the DD2 crossover came out as to an extent it felt like the overlapped in roles as it was an event ran by an NPC that rewarded the player with loot depending on progress... way too similar to that tavern keep in my opinion.

The event was basically a giant boss rush/horde fight where you keep going until you die(but the deaths would be penalty-less in exchange for the whole thing being hard as hell...) The concept revolved around "The bored Celestial" showing up after the moon lord is defeated (which is totally not a bored and immortal eldrich horror *cough* Moonlord *cough* coming to have fun with a mortal that somehow just kicked its ***)

I understand how you feel I actually have a WIP suggestion in that regard but I kinda stopped working on it when the DD2 crossover came out as to an extent it felt like the overlapped in roles as it was an event ran by an NPC that rewarded the player with loot depending on progress... way too similar to that tavern keep in my opinion.

The event was basically a giant boss rush/horde fight where you keep going until you die(but the deaths would be penalty-less in exchange for the whole thing being hard as hell...) The concept revolved around "The bored Celestial" showing up after the moon lord is defeated (which is totally not a bored and immortal eldrich horror *cough* Moonlord *cough* coming to have fun with a mortal that somehow just kicked its ***)

lol i see, would still be cool, but is still an awesome idea

You have inspired me to continue it but to keep the theme up I will need a Betsy counterpart... Not sure with the direction for that... But I think I may have an idea tehehe

im looking forward to the end product... Let me know when u release BETA, i will definitely wanna try it out and test it... :D:D:D
[doublepost=1481183087,1481182711][/doublepost]
im looking forward to the end product... Let me know when u release BETA, i will definitely wanna try it out and test it... :D:D:D

Still no ideas on a counterpart for Betsy....

Back
Top Bottom