Do I personally think the Guide is evil? Answering an almost 10 year old question..

TheGuideIsEvil

Terrarian
š—”š—¼.

Let me explain why. Yes, it's suspicious that our handsome and sexy Guide has a tie to the Wall of Flesh. After all, he's kind of like his vessel for entry into the world with the whole doll ritual. But when you stop to think about it..the Wall of Flesh is a mix of both good and bad.

Yes, it tries to destroy you, but it also serves the role of keeping the ancient evils locked away. In some ways, releasing these evils not only makes the game harder, but it actually makes the world worse. Your actions actively endanger life time and time again, the more you slay deities and others.

Here's the thing, though.. this DOES NOT MAKE YOU OR THE GUIDE EVIL. Why? Because I like to think that both of your actions are misguided, and are a bit too ambitious in an attempt to clear the world and make it pure.

I think the Guide wanted these evils released so that you can come along and destroy them for good. In his head, maybe the Guide thought that these spirits would likely break out on their own accord, or by the selfishness of someone like you, so he probably wanted to just get it over with and see if you can annihilate them for good. Maybe this was his contingency plan?

Of course, there is the alternate possibility that both you and the Guide are super-powered terrorists that are partially responsible for the almost mass extinction of life on Earth. In this depiction, you just wanted power and wanted to be the strongest entity left, being quite a sociopath. In this depiction, the Guide was an enabler.

To answer the question, the Guide is just, in my personal opinion, cursed with a heavy burden, and so are you. I feel like he has a deep connection to the player. I feel like you two did the best you could to make things right, but it did cost many lives in the process.

Finally, I like to imagine that the kingdom of Terrarians are considered a bunch of demons for messing the world up in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom