Does the brick layer affect wire placement speed?

Firearrow15

Skeletron
I don't currently own one to test, and the wiki was unhelpful, but I want to know for teleporter system purposes. Placing wire for teleporters to the dungeon, jungle, etc is awful, but it would be a lot easier if the brick layer worked on it.

I don't currently own one to test, and the wiki was unhelpful, but I want to know for teleporter system purposes. Placing wire for teleporters to the dungeon, jungle, etc is awful, but it would be a lot easier if the brick layer worked on it.

If you plan on using a single teleporter that takes you to the three different locations, this can be done by using 3 switches, connect each switch with the right color of wire to the right teleporter destination. However, you cannot layer the wires to a single switch. So make sure that each fire is connected to a single switch, you can layer the wires themselves on top of each other as long as they are connected to their own 2 teleporters.

Sadly, there is no way to increase wire placement speed.

One trick that makes it a little easier is to use the auto cursor, which will automatically try to extend wires in the direction they're going. Makes laying wires while flying fairly easy. Using some range-increasing gear (Extendo Grip, Toolbelt, etc) makes it even easier.

If you plan on using a single teleporter that takes you to the three different locations, this can be done by using 3 switches, connect each switch with the right color of wire to the right teleporter destination. However, you cannot layer the wires to a single switch. So make sure that each fire is connected to a single switch, you can layer the wires themselves on top of each other as long as they are connected to their own 2 teleporters.
That's not the problem. I know how to set up teleporter systems correctly, the issue is that placing hundreds of wire between my house and e jungle is tedious and boring.
Sadly, there is no way to increase wire placement speed.

One trick that makes it a little easier is to use the auto cursor, which will automatically try to extend wires in the direction they're going. Makes laying wires while flying fairly easy. Using some range-increasing gear (Extendo Grip, Toolbelt, etc) makes it even easier.
Thanks for the tips. I may have to go make a suggestion now...

That's not the problem. I know how to set up teleporter systems correctly, the issue is that placing hundreds of wire between my house and e jungle is tedious and boring.
If you don't mind using it, TEdit is a great help. I've used it as well because like you I didn't see myself placing miles and miles of wire across my map. :)

Back
Top Bottom