Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
Okay, I've tried EVERYTHING. Not only did I go across my world 3 times, I also tried TEdit and Terramap. Nothing. I even tried rejoining as well. Despite everything, the dryad still says 1% crimson. I'm positive this is a bug because TEdit nor Terramap can find any crimson blocks throughout the world. I even sent people my world file, they could find nothing. I'm not sure what's going on because there literally can't be anymore crimson in the world.

EDIT: I solved this but I don't know how to delete a thread

Last edited:
Based on a similar thread, the solution was to exit the world and reload it. That causes the Dryad to update the status.

Oh, I am a fool for not getting this. Thank you!
Not a fool at all! I only had the suggestion handy as I'd read a similar thread somewhere else. Personally, I wouldn't think reloading the world to adjust the status, since saving and loading doesn't alter blocks. :)
Sounds like it worked for you, so that's good to hear!

Not a fool at all! I only had the suggestion handy as I'd read a similar thread somewhere else. Personally, I wouldn't think reloading the world to adjust the status, since saving and loading doesn't alter blocks. :)
Sounds like it worked for you, so that's good to hear!
Sure did, and thank you again! :D

A little additional info here; the Dryad's % check is somewhat performance intensive, so it is only run periodically, and on world load. Reloading the world is a good way to force it to happen. :)

A little additional info here; the Dryad's % check is somewhat performance intensive, so it is only run periodically, and on world load. Reloading the world is a good way to force it to happen. :)
Oh, that's good to know. Thank you for the info; I thought it was a bug for the longest time! :dryadgrin:

You mentioned in the other thread that it is done every 30 minutes in addition to world reload, wouldn't it make more sense to only do it when players ask the Dryad for status? I assume people aren't too busy with other things when they're checking that option so if the game hung for a bit there it wouldn't be much of an issue. Maybe add a small cooldown to prevent spamming the Dryad status option to lag the world in multiplayer.

Back
Top Bottom