Duplicate Sand Block

not da rael PJ

Terrarian
[ bad grammar alert ]
So how is this work ?
By using Sand gun and Some kind of stuff that has [ % chance not to consume ammo ]
And sand block does count as an ammo ( way to test this , is put sand block in the ammo inventory )
Interesting facts : Sand , silt , slush when falling on the minecart track will be destroy . But money when falling on the minecart track will turn into item form

It seems that when Sand, Silt and Slush are dropped manually on minecart traps, they simply disappear. Using the Sand Gun on minecart tracks does the same thing. They will all disappear.

When coins of all varieties are dropped on minecart tracks, they disappear but drop their respective coin as an item. No, this cannot be used as a method of duplication as the Coin Gun doesn't create a coin pile when the projectile hits a block unlike the sand gun but the coin simply disappears.

If you use something that decreases ammunition used, such as the Ammo Box, you can technically duplicate sand blocks. This can used for mass production of glass bottles for potions.

Video Demonstration Below

I didn't know about that! So at least one person more who knows about that know!
But ammo part seems to be logic and so far I didn't searched for sandblock duplication.

Is there a way to turn also sandblocks to item form? (except by hand or bombs)

Stop passing so much credit to me, the one who inspired me to do this was "not da rael PJ". Even though he knew his English was sub-par, he tried to pass information to the community. Who knows, he might become a great engineer that inspires his peers later in life!

For the best result
I suggest using : [ Chlorophyte Helmet ] 20 %
[ Vortex Breastplate ] 25 %
[ Ammo Box ] 20 %
[ Ammo Conversation Potion ] 20 %
Total: 85 %
[doublepost=1467944520,1467944400][/doublepost]If some point in the future , they change something about the minecart with the sand thingy . They make that the sand , silt , slush doesn't disappear when falling on the minecart track
"We" should able to make an automatic sand farm

Does this work with snow balls as well? Snow Ball launcher + Ammo box/potion/helmet = infinite snow

If this works on console 1.2.4 i think i just came up with a way to eliminate an ENTIRE desert under my pumpkin moon farm that just WILL NOT remain purified.

Thanks for the cool idea!!

This glitch has existed since before hardmode existed. No joke, the truth.

@Not that real PJ
Chance to not consume ammo is calculated multiplicatively, not additively.

For example: if you have a 10% chance not to consume ammo, you have a 90% to consume ammo. With something else giving you a separate 10%, you calculate 9% (90 x 10%). This gives a total 19% to not consume ammo instead of 20%.

With the gear you presented, you actually get a 62% not to consume ammo, not 80%.

Does this work with snow balls as well? Snow Ball launcher + Ammo box/potion/helmet = infinite snow
As said before, this won't work, but if you're looking for snow without digging other worlds you can always use the frost legion invasion, some enemies shoot snow blocks and they drop them too.

About the minecart track, that sure gives me a better way to get rid of all the sand in the ocean :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom