NPCs & Enemies Dye Trader Change

Honestly, I am not going hunting for several hours to find a few dyes that I may or may not ever use.

Just get them as you need them. I will need at most 3. I am not going out hunting for 5 when I need 3. It's like a really silly supermarket offer or something.

Well that may be fine for you, but the intent is to allow a user who likes experimenting and using different dyes to be able to do so without having to hunt every dye time after time again. You also gain the long time use of said dye. It's more effort for a continuous ease of access later on because you put the effort to get them.

Well that may be fine for you, but the intent is to allow a user who likes experimenting and using different dyes to be able to do so without having to hunt every dye time after time again. You also gain the long time use of said dye. It's more effort for a continuous ease of access later on because you put the effort to get them.
Meh. Honestly, he should just sell it once you got some of it. Like an "Oh, hey, look, you managed to get this item that takes a long time to get! To help you out a little in your endevours, i'll just supply you with a load at a high price!"
As in, 5 gold a dye after getting 1 of that dye.
So, you can buy your dyes, but then hunting them is still an option.

But 5 gold is something you could sneeze at. Late game money is never a concern. The intent is to provide a challenge so that you earn the ability to buy dye.

Ideas for Quotes

1: "Oh! Another dye!? Let me see...This is made out of [ITEM]...I might be able to make [COLOR] dye with some more samples..."
2: "I think I might be able to make a dye of high quality with some more practice..."
3: "Almost got it-this dye will make you look fabulous! I just need to do some fine tweaking. Can you bring me another sample?"
4: "Magnificent! This hue is perfect! I'm sure I can continue to make this dye at the same quality as it is now! I'll make sure to have [Traveling Merchant] bring more materials so that I can sell this."

Dye trader will now sell that dye, while his materials will be implied to come from the traveling merchant, thus justifying the fact that you don't bring him any more supplies.
Good idea... these quotes are actually much better than mine!

Guys! Guys! I spawned the Lunar Event! My world is a crater now! Wait, OK so on topic, Everyone, this is A CHOICE.
You don't have to use this, this is ment for if you know you will use a lot of said dye. Like if you like using red and black and blue dye. Instead of getting long boring grinds over and over, all you have to do is grind once for enough dye for the dye trader to sell it.

Back
Top Bottom