Game Mechanics Dyeing weapons using reforging

TOWWR

Terrarian
This may seem unnecessary to some and I can imagine it'll be a nightmare to code, BUT!

It would be really cool if you could add dyes to your weapons, making the weapons have a different color/appearance (projectiles & particles too).
How to do it? With the Goblin Tinkerer's reforging skills of course! There could be a slot for dyes next to the slot where you put your weapons for reforging.
And since you're only adding a dye to a weapon (yes when you add a dye it doesn't give a modifier), I think it shouldn't cost money (although it depends if he's character is to be greedy)

Example image:
ideaoftheyear.png
(yes, I'm using texture packs in this image)

This may seem unnecessary to some and I can imagine it'll be a nightmare to code, BUT!

It would be really cool if you could add dyes to your weapons, making the weapons have a different color/appearance (projectiles & particles too).
How to do it? With the Goblin Tinkerer's reforging skills of course! There could be a slot for dyes next to the slot where you put your weapons for reforging.
And since you're only adding a dye to a weapon (yes when you add a dye it doesn't give a modifier), I think it shouldn't cost money (although it depends if he's character is to be greedy)

Example image:
View attachment 424706 (yes, I'm using texture packs in this image)
I love this idea, but I agree that it would probably be really hard to code. I've always wanted to dye weapons and we can already dye minions so this would be a perfect addition

This would be unrealistically difficult to implement. The way Terraria handles the drawing of weapons isn't conducive to these kinds of changes. It's worth recognising also that this likely would not affect projectiles -- as I recall there would be some shader conflicts if it did.
That said, as much as I don't care for the idea, I see where you're coming from. There are a couple of mods that do this, though I don't know if they're updated. If you just want the items to be drawn in different colours on use, that does already exist, and I might say you could recommend that players be allowed to change that colour through this process -- maybe using a specific dye restricts the colours you can choose to a few degrees in HSL/HSV. You might also consider making this something that is done at a Dye Vat instead.

Back
Top Bottom