Early Game Money making Method.

SaltedEgg

Official Terrarian
Hey guys! This is my first guide so please bear with the many flaws.

First off, To make this work, you need a merchant (You would probably have 50 silver by then.)

Next, Find a dungeon with a water candle in it. The water candle would help to spawn in creatures.

Head back home and place down a water candle and purchase a bug net. Wait for some butterflies to spawn in and catch them with the bug net.
In my experience, The butterflies seem to spawn in a small group of 3-5. (On occasional days only) otherwise, there will be only a few flying around your house.

On those days that you get lucky with the butt-load of butterflies spawning, You should sell the butterflies as you would get money and more will spawn

Note:Remember to destroy the water candles during the night or it will spawn in more zombies.

You can sell the butterflies for pretty good money OR you can use them as bait if you need bait for fishing.

Here are the prices and bait powers for butterflies.

Gold_Butterfly.png
Gold butterfly, Sells for 10 gold each 50% Bait power. Very Rare.
Julia_Butterfly.png
Julia butterfly, Sells for 30 silver coins each. 25% bait power, Uncommon
Monarch_Butterfly.png
Monarch Butterfly, Sells for 5 silver coins each. 5% bait power, Common
Purple_Emperor_Butterfly.png
Purple Emperor Butterfly, Sells for 75 silver coins each. 35% Bait power, Uncommon-Rare
Red_Admiral_Butterfly.png
Red Admiral Butterfly, Sells for 40 silver coins each. 30% bait power, Uncommon-Rare
Sulphur_Butterfly.png
Sulphur Butterfly, Sells for 10 silver coins each. 10% bait power, Common
Tree_Nymph_Butterfly.png
Tree Nymph Butterfly, Sells for 1 Gold each. 50% Bait power, Rare
Ulysses_Butterfly.png
Ulysses Butterfly, Sells for 20 silver coins each. 20% Bait power, Common-Uncommon
Zebra_Swallowtail_Butterfly.png
Zebra Swallowtail Butterfly, Sells for 15 silver coins each. 15% bait power, Common-Uncommon

Have fun catching some butterflies, Making moolah and baitin' fishies!

Super helpful, I should use this sometime. Your guide is really laid out well, but you could also add how to make money from other things.

To be honest though, I've actually never had money problems early-game, but maybe it'll change?

Super helpful, I should use this sometime. Your guide is really laid out well, but you could also add how to make money from other things.

To be honest though, I've actually never had money problems early-game, but maybe it'll change?
Thanks for the tips! Glad the guide was helpful :) I will look out for easy money making methods and update this thread soon.

I do this myself, but my favourite is getting mushrooms and selling them since they are so common and are 5 silver each i think (correct me) until you can get enough silver for the bug net. Good guide tho.

Yes it definitely works on console and will have similar results. I recommend fishing to you because it gives a lot of cash. Make a battle potion and use water candle for better results.

Back
Top Bottom