NPCs & Enemies Easter event

GAMESweetG

Terrarian
Ok so we have a hallowe'en which is the Pumpkin moon event. We have the Christmas event which is the Frost moon event. But we don't have an Easter event.

Why not have an Easter event for PC version?

The Easter event could feature. Finding random Easter eggs spawning around various places of the world. So you can collect and eat them. Which would give you buffs which would be useful for the Easter event.

Enemies would of course be different types of bunnies. They would even walk like the fish out of water does. So the bunnies can wield various attack weapons. If you take damage from the bunnies that fire sweets or chocolate at you. It would act as a debuff. So that is why it's important to find as many Easter eggs as possible. Also if you find a certain amount of Easter eggs. It would trigger the Bunnies Raid event.

Items
  1. Bunny Mask (Vanity)
  2. Bunny Torso (Vanity)
  3. Bunny Legs (Vanity)
  4. Pogo stick (Mount which you can hop around on)
  5. Bunny Mount (Currently Existing via Fuzzy carrot)
  6. Carrot gun that fires carrots
  7. Carrot blocks/bricks so you can build a carrot house
  8. Carrot furniture or bunny furniture
  9. Carrots which would be a consumable and can be turned into carrot juice which would give healthy buff.
I just searched on the web. And found that there is already an Easter event but only for the mobile 3DS version of Terraria. Not very pleased that they didn't include Easter on the PC version!

I agree that if any other holiday were to get event treatment it should be Easter. (Mobile over did it with St. Patrick's Day, Valetine's Day, and Thanksgiving. 1-2 items =/= holiday event, its a gimmick.)

I like the idea of Easter eggs spawning around the map as a way to get buffs and holiday goodies. I imagine they would spawn in a similar method to how dye plants spawn now. (Limited range, x1 within each 20 block square for example.) They could also respawn as they are collected, when an egg is not within the area. (Via pickaxe?) I think this would be more fun than the drop system of Halloween and Christmas, it would encourage exploring rather than dropping a water candle and popping a summon. I do want to emphasize that the eggs should contain buffs AND goodies as part of the basic event. (Just like Christmas and Halloween items.)

As OP pointed out, there can be special bunny enemies that spawn the same way Crows, Ghosts and other Halloween enemies do. (With matching banner of course.) I also like the battle of Buff/Debuff from eggs and enemies. However, all Buffs/Debuffs have some kind of timer, which undermines the system. (Could just wait out the debuff instead of finding an egg.) That doesn't mean that enemies can't cause a debuff it just means it shouldn't be a central focus. (I think a "bunny" debuff would be funny, it causes a costume change to the bunny model and inflicts a cursed debuff for a few seconds. So you are a cute bunny unable to attack for a few seconds. Also, the nazar or higher accessories won't help, its a different debuff.)

Where I differ from the OP is I think there should be a moon event rather than an invasion type event. I know many people might think it is over used, but consider a few things. First, invasions are also overdone but, moons are limited to night and last the entire night not just until the enemy quota is filled. (Meaning better drop farming.) Second, both other holidays have moons, at this point it would be worse to make a new holiday event but not include a moon. (It would feel incomplete without it.) Next, as it is Easter it could be tiered between Pumpkin and Frost, this would make it very easy to balance and give it a defined point in progression. On the same note, since it is tiered in-between, the event would be for cosmetic fun rather than a forced invasion. (And if it is a optional invasion like the snow globe, I feel if you are going to intentionally summon something it should be a moon.) Finally, since a moon operates in waves rather than a group army (like solar eclipse) there can be a wider variety of enemies in different combinations for more challenging fights. Compared to invasions where all enemies appear at once, if you can last 30 seconds you can last the whole event. (Not so with moons.) Plus, as a side bonus the moon could be green for Spring and would match well with Christmas blue and Halloween red/orange.

I will say, I am biased for the moon because those are by far my favorite optional events in Terraria, (That includes all invasions, including the Old One) even if the devs nerfed them from their original form. So, I would happily take another. (I am actually very disappointed that the moons are now often skipped in favor of fighting the Moon Lord sooner.) I also think that they provide a much needed divide between Golem and Moon Tier progression. It could also provide the upgrades to beloved weapons which get lost after Plantera. (Chain Gun and Elfmelter cover Megashark and Flamethrower, this could cover the Magic Harp, and Rainbow Rod.) I also think that instead of wings/grappling hook for this event an upgraded Frog Leg/Bundle of Balloons could be added. (Halloween and Christmas have wings and grappling hooks covered, though if given a choice between those or nothing I would take more wings.) Of course, there would also be new bosses, and banners/trophies for the player's wall. (Always a plus for me.)

Final note, mobile having an Easter "event" is definitely not a reason to deny PC an Easter event. (Devs have stated in the past that console content won't come to PC.) Let mobile keep Lepus, and make a real event for PC. (Which mobile will get anyway.)

I agree with you @Zidane471 . The rabbit moon could be a rabbit head shape moon. Sometimes during the daytime in Terraria. You do see the moon. The rabbit event could happen during the day and not at night. As there's so many night moon events. There should be more daytime moon events. Besides the Slimes falling from the sky.

The rabbit event could be called the "Rabbit Plague" or "Easter Havoc" or both. Two different rabbit events.

I was also thinking the Rabbit cannon would come in handy for this event. The rabbits could fire at us with the Rabbit cannon. As I feel that the rabbit cannon doesn't really have a good purpose at the moment. As the normal cannon is more stronger.

Also you can craft the rabbit event summon item with a certain amount of carrots and rabbit fluff. The actual rabbit critters would have their terminology name changed to bunnies. And rabbits would be a bit more larger and hop around you. Trying to damage you. When you can hunt the main rabits down for rabbit fluff. And search for random carrots spawning like how pumpkins do.

And another idea I came up with. Is why not categorize each event under Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter seasons. So there's more variety events.

For the boss rabbit. It could be a huge rabbit called "Thumper".

And another idea I came up with. Is why not categorize each event under Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter seasons. So there's more variety events.

There is a "million dollar" idea. Instead of the measly two weeks we get, that players have been complaining about. Why not make the events a full season? Halloween (Sept-Nov) Christmas (Dec-Feb) Easter (Mar-May) ??? (Jun-Aug). (For the record I will say now that I am opposed to Fourth of July if anyone was thinking it, it is too US-centric. I know Halloween is mostly the US but other countries do celebrate it and more importantly other cultures have their variations.) With extended durations there would always be an event going rather than 4 weeks of the whole year. As I have stated before Terraria is not an MMO, it shouldn't be treated as one. (IE limited seasonal events. Plus, real MMOs have holidays very frequently so that a holiday is almost always happening. You may need to wait a year for a specific one but, have something at nearly all times. Terraria doesn't even come close to that.)

The rabbit event could happen during the day and not at night. As there's so many night moon events. There should be more daytime moon events. Besides the Slimes falling from the sky.

I can concede that the Easter "moon" can be during the day. (For variation from the night ones) But, keep in mind day is longer making the event inherently easier to farm than night moons. So, it would come at the cost of lower drop rates due to the longer duration. It also makes sense to be day anyway since unlike Halloween and Christmas which are both commonly associated with night. Easter is a sunny spring time event. Keep in mind, I still advocate for a moon type event rather than a standard invasion, even if it is during the day. (Both is an option but it would need to be done cleverly, like the snowman and frost moon. That and the invasion would be limited to the season the "moon" wouldn't.) Also, if it's during the day, perhaps the sun could be replaced with an Easter egg. (Like the Pumpkin and Frost moon images)

I will say for the idea as a whole. Don't hyper focus on rabbits. The Easter eggs and Rabbits/Carrots are covered. But, Easter is associated with lots of other imagery which would be good for the event. (I will avoid religious symbols as people are sensitive to that) Easter symbolizes renewal of both plants and animals. It has obvious associations with chickens/chicks. (But also other baby animals such as lambs) Additionally, animate flowers and plants would be possible enemies. (And to my knowledge unique to the Terraria world)

The reason I think this is a great idea is in part due to the ability for it to be "a second Hallow." People have gone on and on about a Hallow alternate, a place of deceptive beauty but dangerous. Easter as an event is exactly that. Rabbits, baby animals, candy and plants that seem harmless but are in fact dangerous. As I noted before "moon" drops can include upgrades to the rainbow rod and magic harp both items associated with the Hallow. Plus, with the main holiday event being in normal mode and the "moon" being Post Golem. It means that, in part, the "spirit" of the Hallow is now spread throughout the game not just early hardmode. (Though, this is only true part of the year) Certainly a bonus to having another holiday event.

Back
Top Bottom