Blocks & Decoration Emancipation Grills

Master Geass

Terrarian
The portal gun is a fun item for custom maps. How ever at current this is no way to disable existing portals without over lapping them or going a long distance. A little something that can add to the fun of puzzle maps would be to add the emancipation grills AKA fizzlers as well. You cannot shoot a portal through a grill and if you walk through on your portals will shut down. They can also be toggled off with wires. This can be used to challenge people on the maps.

They would be in the furniture space and be light blue. One idea is to have them placeable like the bubbles. They would look like blue vertical lines or maybe a large dot. Placing two next to each other would have them change like wire, forming a line that can ether be horizontal or vertical, depending on where you put them. The other idea is to place two emitters that would be send the emancipation gill between them. You hammer them into place so they can once again go horizontal or vertical.

Method of obtaining would be simple. You could ether buy them from the cyborg when you have portal gun in your inventor or craft them using nanites.

Last edited:
True, but we would also need weighted cubes added to the game. I would like them added to the game as well. A dispenser would also need to be added. If there was some way to get it to link to the cube it makes like in portal so it would drop a new one if the old one is destroyed or destroy the old one if it drops a new one. Still I don't know how hard that would be to code.

True, but we would also need weighted cubes added to the game. I would like them added to the game as well. A dispenser would also need to be added. If there was some way to get it to link to the cube it makes like in portal so it would drop a new one if the old one is destroyed or destroy the old one if it drops a new one. Still I don't know how hard that would be to code.
Yeah
And then everyone's going to want all the rest of the Portal stuff too

I'm not sure how much of the portal stuff could be added. Definitely not the turrets but maybe something that could be used as turrets. I can't think of how the gels would work but I will like a way for pink gel blocks to bounce you higher then you could normally or an upgraded pink gel block that could.

I'm not sure how much of the portal stuff could be added. Definitely not the turrets but maybe something that could be used as turrets. I can't think of how the gels would work but I will like a way for pink gel blocks to bounce you higher then you could normally or an upgraded pink gel block that could.
I was hoping pink slime block was going to work like repulsion gel but then it didn't

Alright Sprite time! I fully support the idea as a portal fan and its great for portal maps but 1 PROBLEM! They will need permission from valve again to allow them to use the emancipation grid/grill

True, but if they got it once they might be able to again. I don't mind if they have to change the name or the looks a bit, I just need the effect.

Back
Top Bottom