Game Mechanics Enable more directions for traps to fire

Should this be implemented?

• Make it happen!

Votes: 11 91.7%
  • Your suggestion is bad, and you should feel bad.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I want chicken. I want liver. Meow Mix, Meow Mix, please deliver!

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

Kiddles

Duke Fishron
Have you ever wanted to put your traps to greater use, or make them even more elaborate, but have been restricted because of the inability to fire a trap off in a certain direction? Well, that's where this suggestion comes in.

Up 'til now, dart traps, super dart traps and flame traps have only ever been able to fire in two different directions: left or right. And spear traps are only able to go down. Meanwhile, we don't even have any traps that can fire upward.

That's why, my request, to you, the developers, is to enable the player to change the fire direction of traps simply by hitting it with a hammer! (After all, if something isn't working the way you want it, you simply hit it with a hammer to fix it, right?) And not just in up to two, or even four directions. Why not enable up do EIGHT directions so we can make traps even MORE AWESOME?!?!

153nvk0.jpg

(With the exception of Spiky Ball Traps)

Last edited:
To be honest, it's wonderful idea in my opinion. I will be fine with four directions, but eight can be used to some complicated traps.
Support from me.

This would be a pretty neat addition, and it would make sense to say the least. Sure, I don't see why not.

Well done good sir. Taking the classic idea of more trap directions, and extending it in a brilliant and simple way. Well done I say. (That rhymed...)
Seal of Approval.png

Have you ever wanted to put your traps to greater use, or make them even more elaborate, but have been restricted because of the inability to fire a trap off in a certain direction? Well, that's where this suggestion comes in.

Up 'til now, dart traps, super dart traps and flame traps have only ever been able to fire in two different directions: left or right. And spear traps are only able to go down. Meanwhile, we don't even have any traps that can fire upward.

That's why, my request, to you, the developers, is to enable the player to change the fire direction of traps simply by hitting it with a hammer! (After all, if something isn't working the way you want it, you simply hit it with a hammer to fix it, right?) And not just in up to two, or even four directions. Why not enable up do EIGHT directions so we can make traps even MORE AWESOME?!?!

153nvk0.jpg

I totally aprove, that cant be hard to implement, and god how many times i wish i could place spear traps to fire horizontally

This is one of those times where something isn't quite broken, but hitting it with a hammer still fixes it. Since my method of beating the two "Moon" events relies heavily on traps, I can see a lot of uses for it.

I'm glad to see that there's some support for this. I was expecting some hate right out of the gate, to be honest. :indifferent:

Yes!
Will this affect spiky ball traps, too?
'cause at first glance they rely on gravity, and would need a little tweak to launch the spikies in other directions.

Back
Top Bottom