Texture Pack High Definition version of all textures up to Terraria 1.4.4.6

If you can find out which image file contains this texture then i can try to look into it.
Didn't find that trunk in particular (or any trunk texture at all, don't know where they put it), but I did find some fruit textures that didn't get the XBR treatment, tex names are "item_4282" through "item_4297"...

ApplicationFrameHost_JGa3bSnAVh.png

The weird this is, I looked for them in your pack and they're actually filtered there:

explorer_a2ilvTYpid.png

No idea what happened...

Enabling the pack works just fine and i can play w/o problems, but whenever i re-launch the game after enabling the pack it crashes with this error.
Ionic.Zip.BadCrcException: CRC error: the file being extracted appears to be corrupted.

Enabling the pack works just fine and i can play w/o problems, but whenever i re-launch the game after enabling the pack it crashes with this error.
Ionic.Zip.BadCrcException: CRC error: the file being extracted appears to be corrupted.
Terraria can't handle zip files with the amount of textures that terraria had in them.

You need to unzip the pack in the ResourcePacks folder and get rid of the zip file.

Hi I ran into the error when it instantly crshes on startup and throws the Ionic.Zip.BadCrcException: CRC error

I uninstalled the game and did a big handful of other stuff before finding this thread. I deleted the zip file and reinstalled Terraria but my game still instant crashes on start up without the zip file. Anyone know what I can try? Attached is what my fresh install looks like.
Folders.PNG

Hi I ran into the error when it instantly crshes on startup and throws the Ionic.Zip.BadCrcException: CRC error

I uninstalled the game and did a big handful of other stuff before finding this thread. I deleted the zip file and reinstalled Terraria but my game still instant crashes on start up without the zip file. Anyone know what I can try? Attached is what my fresh install looks like.
I think your game files look correct, the problem might be that you have installed a texture pack. Try cleaning your ResourcePacks folder for example, it should be Documents\My Games\Terraria\ResourcePacks on Windows.

I think your game files look correct, the problem might be that you have installed a texture pack. Try cleaning your ResourcePacks folder for example, it should be Documents\My Games\Terraria\ResourcePacks on Windows.
I got it now! I thought the resource pack folder was going to be in the steam game files. Thank you very much.

On a separate note: i want to make my texture pack a bit more customizable for everyone, so i started working on a tool on the weekend which would allow anyone to convert any textures they want. Currently it's in a very rough shape:
Screenshot 2020-05-28 at 6.29.58 PM.png

My basic idea how it would work:
- select the texture folder you want to convert (currently it's hardcoded)
- select (or create a new) texture pack folder in the ResourcePacks folder
- select what filter you want to use (currently it's only xBRZ, but can add xBR as well probably if i find a java implementation)
- click the "Convert All" to convert all textures to HD, or select the textures you want to convert
- not sure how to see in the app which textures have been converted already and with what filter
- i imagine different people would want to use filter combinations, e.g. convert all "items" with smoothed xBR, and convert all other textures using xBRZ, except the ui elements which should be left as it is
- you could potentially use this tool to convert other texture packs as well, there is no limitation to the original textures

At the moment it takes about 1 minute to convert all textures using the xBRZ filter. Some of the terraria textures are invalid so those are skipped.

Questions:
- is there any interest in this at all?
- is there a terraria texture pack manager i should try to integrate with?
- any better ideas? 🤔

It's a good pack, no issues found.
Now I didn't leave the folder within the zip file, as I unzipped it into a folder for it within the resource folder in documents.
Also I haven't ran into any issues in crashing upon reloading the game.

Finally figured it out,

Make a new folder in
C:\Users\<name>\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ResourcePacks

Call it, TexurePack or something.

Unzip all contents from ZIP inside this folder, as is.

Find in game in texture packs.

The pack loads normaly the first time, but if I have it selected when I open Terraria again this happens:

1591741153596.png

the sun had this weird black border around it so i removed it from the texture files and the sun looks normal but everytime i load the game i get an error

Yes it should. Texture packs in general are future compatible. New textures will be missing from the texture pack, but new Terraria versions should work with older texture packs without issues.

Back
Top Bottom