Texture Pack High Definition version of all textures up to Terraria 1.4.4.6

What the heck, this is fantastic, why are texture packs with less than 10% of the sprites done in 'released' and this is stewing in WIP when it's up-to-date and comprehensive?

This isn't really a true texture pack, he just used a filter. These other texture packs are handmaking every sprite.

Thats's neat, and Terrafine looks like it'll be great, but the method of creation doesn't change the fact that this is done and in WiP, and several packs are VERY far from finished, regardless of precognition, and in Released. The forum structure just confuses me.

Thats's neat, and Terrafine looks like it'll be great, but the method of creation doesn't change the fact that this is done and in WiP, and several packs are VERY far from finished, regardless of precognition, and in Released. The forum structure just confuses me.
The forums are confusing, but I guess you could say that this pack is in WiP because Terraria is STILL getting updates, nearly 6 years after launch (which is incredible if you ask me).

I'm glad you like it. Let me know if you find major issues with this pack.
I put this in the WIP folder because it was a fun project i hacked together in a weekend. I was surprised to see how many people downloads it.
Now it's a bit more polished but i don't know how to move it to the other group. Probably a forum admin could do that but i think it doesn't matter anyway :)

Aye, I guess my reaction was a bit harsh with regards to the other texture packs, and I didn't mean that. This just looks so great! I've got ~3k hours in the game, so if there are any problems, I'll probably hunt them down sooner or later. Thank you for making this!

I'm glad you like it. Let me know if you find major issues with this pack.
I put this in the WIP folder because it was a fun project i hacked together in a weekend. I was surprised to see how many people downloads it.
Now it's a bit more polished but i don't know how to move it to the other group. Probably a forum admin could do that but i think it doesn't matter anyway :)
If you ever do want it moved to Released section, the easiest way is to "Report" the first post and tell us you want it moved. :merchantsmile:

The reason that the Terrafine Project is where it is, the released section, is because it is available for public download. I have released versions to play, so it fits there just fine. Next, I should mention that my texture pack follows all of the requirements for a released pack, and loke himself moved my pack from the WIP forum to the released forum.

If you ever do want it moved to Released section, the easiest way is to "Report" the first post and tell us you want it moved. :merchantsmile:
I don't agree 100% with this. There needs to be a very good reason for the thread to be removed or moved and the author should be aware of what is going on. (unless he or she is inactive and I am not). This is probably what you meant to say, but I think you should have clarified, also the reasoning should not be that they want to be moved, but rather, they think it should be moved.

This isn't really a true texture pack, he just used a filter. These other texture packs are handmaking every sprite. The one that is coming out for sure that I know of is linked here: https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/terrafine-project-resized-terraria.45303/
Thanks for clearing that up. (this is one of the reasons you are considered VIP in my community.)

Last edited:
I don't agree 100% with this. There needs to be a very good reason for the thread to be removed or moved and the author should be aware of what is going on. (unless he or she is inactive and I am not). This is probably what you meant to say, but I think you should have clarified, also the reasoning should not be that they want to be moved, but rather, they think it should be moved.
Hi ArmyFrog, I'm not sure where the misunderstanding is, but I was letting psmith know that if he ever wanted his texture pack thread - this thread - moved to the Released section he could Report it to be moved. This thread has a working download link and psmith is the author. :)

Hi ArmyFrog, I'm not sure where the misunderstanding is, but I was letting psmith know that if he ever wanted his texture pack thread - this thread - moved to the Released section he could Report it to be moved. This thread has a working download link and psmith is the author. :)
Oh, I misread. Yeah, in that case I agree.

The reason that the Terrafine Project is where it is, the released section, is because it is available for public download. I have released versions to play, so it fits there just fine. Next, I should mention that my texture pack follows all of the requirements for a released pack, and loke himself moved my pack from the WIP forum to the released forum.

Thanks for clearing that up. (this is one of the reasons you are considered VIP in my community.)
Thanks for acknowledging man! I am not the most knowledgeable when it comes to making sprites by hand, but I've had a little bit of experience! You are clearly superior to anything else I've ever seen so far, and considering you are dedicated, that is really impressive!

Thanks for acknowledging man! I am not the most knowledgeable when it comes to making sprites by hand, but I've had a little bit of experience! You are clearly superior to anything else I've ever seen so far, and considering you are dedicated, that is really impressive!
Wow thanks. Now, I really don't want to put @psmith down in his own thread, much less any thread, so I am going to say this:
Psmith, your pack, while it is not my style, is still a great pack, and people love it. Keep it up. Being supportive of each other's packs is the only way that we can successfully lead this new texture pack era. I want to revive this section of Terraria and make it thrive. I want to encourage spriters to give Texture Pack making a go, let's be supportive of each other's packs. Good luck.

Wow thanks. Now, I really don't want to put @psmith down in his own thread, much less any thread, so I am going to say this:
Psmith, your pack, while it is not my style, is still a great pack, and people love it. Keep it up. Being supportive of each other's packs is the only way that we can successfully lead this new texture pack era. I want to revive this section of Terraria and make it thrive. I want to encourage spriters to give Texture Pack making a go, let's be supportive of each other's packs. Good luck.
I don't think anybody could have said it better! We need loads of Texture packs for Terraria, of all different styles and sizes! Kiddles and I focus on the UI, psmith smooths out the whole game, and you are resizing the whole game with custom sprites! We definitely need more variety in packs, and this is the first step! Back before 1.1, there were dozens of texture packs, each with a different style and focus!

I don't think anybody could have said it better! We need loads of Texture packs for Terraria, of all different styles and sizes! Kiddles and I focus on the UI, psmith smooths out the whole game, and you are resizing the whole game with custom sprites! We definitely need more variety in packs, and this is the first step! Back before 1.1, there were dozens of texture packs, each with a different style and focus!
Now that terraria is nearing 10000 image assets, it's getting hard.

Back
Top Bottom