Errors building TutorialMod

PersonIKnow

Skeletron Prime
Every time i try to build the tutorial mod following this page: tModLoader/tModLoader

This comes up on the error list:
Screenshot_1.png

And This is from the build output:
Screenshot_2.png

For the line that goes off to the right in the build output:
1>C:\Users\zacha\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\TutorialMod\TutorialMod.csproj(11,5): error MSB3073: The command ""C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\tModLoader\tModLoaderServer.exe" -build C:\Users\zacha\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\TutorialMod\ -eac C:\Users\zacha\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\TutorialMod\bin\Debug\net45\TutorialMod.dll -define "TRACE;DEBUG;NETFRAMEWORK;NET45;" -unsafe false" exited with code 1.

My .csproj file:
Screenshot_3.png

I've tried looking on the community forums and elsewhere but can't figure out what is wrong.

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place

Last edited:
I've have this problem and I still have no idea what causes it. The thing I did find is that building your mod from inside tModLoader works fine

Yeah same building in-game works fine but I'm unable to "edit and continue" until the errors are fixed which sucks

I've have this problem and I still have no idea what causes it. The thing I did find is that building your mod from inside tModLoader works fine
So I went on the tModLoader discord and fixed it. Delete the line -define "$(DefineConstants)" in the "ModName.csproj" file and it should be fixed. Jopojelly said that it's a bug with Visual Studio and that he might update tModLoader soon to fix it

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom