• Journey's End on PC - Find info here and here. Please report bugs and issues for PC 1.4 and 1.4.1 to Re-Logic here.
  • Journey's End on Mobile - Find info here. Report bugs for Mobile 1.4 to DR Studios at this link and give as much detail as possible.
  • 1.4 will bring many changes to the PC version. We strongly advise making plans to back up your worlds and players prior to updating your game. More details here.
  • Console and Switch - The latest news can be found here. To report a bug, please use this link.

tModLoader Esper Class

TheLoneGamer

Steampunker
Just been playing around a little bit with this mod... Is it okay if I tinker around in the code so I can help support this mod through adding in new weapons, armour, etc?
If not then how about sprite work? I'm not good with spriting but I'd like to improve so... please?
Oh and finally I was thinking some of these weapons, like the saw blades for instance, could have a right-click ability that causes them to orbit around you indefinitely, however, while orbiting around you it consumes 2 psychosis permanently. So you could either choose to have a ring of orbitals or use the weapons normal, or both!
Anyway, would really like to support this mod in any way I can and hope to see it grow, but for now, cya!
I would love new content, thanks for offering! Well, the code I use for the projectiles is iffy in ways I'm still trying to correct. I'm curious as to what you can come up with. We can go into further details via PM and perhaps even Discord.

Hmm... I'm not so sure about the right click ability just yet. It would certainly be something that the player should be capable of given the premise of the mod, but also, I had some limitations in place, like not controlling multiple TK weapons at once. While that would be pretty cool and it's not unheard of for psychics to use TK on multiple objects at once, it would lead to a balancing nightmare for this mod like how sentry count was for Expanded Sentries. Granted, the right click ability could disable left click or even using other TK weapons at the same time, but, we'll see.

TheLoneGamer

Steampunker
Esper Class has been updated to 0.5. Finally, after some weeks, it is on the Mod Browser. The front page will be updated shortly to reflect the new current state of this mod. Thanks to help from more people than when I started this mod, the update came out faster than expected. It's quite a bit of content going up to the end of the Mecha bosses. There's still a lot of work to be done before this mod covers everything up to the Moon Lord, but it is getting there, with early hardmode now being fully playable with this mod.

OriDaBest

Terrarian
I created an account because I really have to say, this mod is incredibly unique and fun. I'd say the ESPer class is much more fun than even the Thorium classes.

TheLoneGamer

Steampunker
Im really like this mod! May you make some type of tutorial how make something like "Psychosis Meter"?
I'm planning on changing the code for it come next update, to line up with the example resource UI code in newer versions of Example Mod. I could then explain what I understand of the improved code.

The current code I have for the Psychosis UI is not very good, with issues related to scale and positioning. I attempted to follow HUD code used in Elemental Unleash. Mind you, I'm not saying the code in that mod is subpar, just that my attempt to re-create something similar from it hasn't came out that well due to my coding skills.

Fabibo02

Terrarian
I love so much this mod, but, the armor on it didn't value, there are only 3 pre-hardmode armors, and i´ts so bad that gives like, 16 of armor and the sett bonuses are so poor.

TheLoneGamer

Steampunker
I love so much this mod, but, the armor on it didn't value, there are only 3 pre-hardmode armors, and i´ts so bad that gives like, 16 of armor and the sett bonuses are so poor.
There was originally just two pre-hardmode armors previous update. In fact, compared to vanilla and some other class mods like Thorium's Bard, three full armor sets pre-hardmode is quite good in terms of amount. The newly added pre-hardmode armor covers the gap pre-boss and post Skeletron.

As for the defense values, I placed it lower than mage armor within the same tier, given the nature of Esper weapons being able to attack within safely easier than most other classes. The low defense is an intentional drawback and weak point. I would be opened to discussing the balance. Also, I would be opened to more unique set bonus ideas. Being that these are early game armors, the set bonuses, if changed, probably won't be anything too fancy.

TheLoneGamer

Steampunker
Finally, after being so long overdue, five months since the previous release, Esper Class 0.6 is here. It should already be on the mod browser. The main forum post will be updated soon and the wiki will take even longer. Now, this isn't five months of brand new content developed that whole time, this update could have been done within a month. I wasn't modding or really playing Terraria much in that time. I do hope to have a bigger push to get this mod to 1.0 so the entire game up to Moon Lord is playable with it.

• Added several new weapons, a helmet piece, and few accessories to cover the period between post mecha bosses and right after defeating Plantera.
  • Plenty of redone sprites, mostly for weapons.
  • Jar weapons now require shaking in order to release projectiles. Also added shake effects for the Hellbat Jar and Pixie Jar.
  • Standardized Esper buff potion durations to now all be 5 minutes long.
  • Psychosis regeneration is now based on max base psychosis, not total psychosis from temporary boosts.
  • Regenerating to full psychosis now has feedback similar to regenerating mana to full.
  • Pixie Jar projectiles no longer can chase in water, based off of the Pixie NPC behavior.
  • Changed the sell prices for many weapons, massively making them cheaper to reforge, although very few cost somewhat more to reforge.
  • Did an overhaul of the UI code. Most of it is under the hood changes, but should make the UI function just a bit better, especially in regards to UI scaling.
  • Fixed Skeleton Bone Lobber being sold pre-hardmode.
  • The combat text from psychosis restoration is now pink instead of green.
  • Using psychosis potions now damages the player equal to the amount of psychosis restored instead of triggering the Side Effects debuff.

TheLuxure

Terrarian
Finally, after being so long overdue, five months since the previous release, Esper Class 0.6 is here. It should already be on the mod browser. The main forum post will be updated soon and the wiki will take even longer. Now, this isn't five months of brand new content developed that whole time, this update could have been done within a month. I wasn't modding or really playing Terraria much in that time. I do hope to have a bigger push to get this mod to 1.0 so the entire game up to Moon Lord is playable with it.

• Added several new weapons, a helmet piece, and few accessories to cover the period between post mecha bosses and right after defeating Plantera.
  • Plenty of redone sprites, mostly for weapons.
  • Jar weapons now require shaking in order to release projectiles. Also added shake effects for the Hellbat Jar and Pixie Jar.
  • Standardized Esper buff potion durations to now all be 5 minutes long.
  • Psychosis regeneration is now based on max base psychosis, not total psychosis from temporary boosts.
  • Regenerating to full psychosis now has feedback similar to regenerating mana to full.
  • Pixie Jar projectiles no longer can chase in water, based off of the Pixie NPC behavior.
  • Changed the sell prices for many weapons, massively making them cheaper to reforge, although very few cost somewhat more to reforge.
  • Did an overhaul of the UI code. Most of it is under the hood changes, but should make the UI function just a bit better, especially in regards to UI scaling.
  • Fixed Skeleton Bone Lobber being sold pre-hardmode.
  • The combat text from psychosis restoration is now pink instead of green.
  • Using psychosis potions now damages the player equal to the amount of psychosis restored instead of triggering the Side Effects debuff.
nice update!

TheLoneGamer

Steampunker
I've released 0.6.1. This is a hotfix release to address some issues that slipped by, especially in regards to multiplayer. Multiplayer seems to work fine now, but I'm not entirely sure. Please do let me know if any other issues, single player or multiplayer, pop up. Should everything be resolved, I hope I can rest easy knowing that this mod isn't broken for some and I can focus more on adding new content to finish out more of hardmode. In particular, I'm aiming for post Plantera dungeon (including biome chest weapon) and the Pumpkin and Frost Moon events.

- Switching away from the current TK weapon while using it now cancels its projectile in use. This should fix free psychosis usage if switching to a non-TK weapon and unintentional psychosis usage if no TK projectile is in use.

- Having Expanded Sentries loaded aside this mod without imkSushi's Mod also loaded should no longer cause an error stopping this mod and Expanded Sentries from loading together.

- Fixed Torch Twirler having the wrong dust and light.

- Multiplayer issues with psychosis should be fixed.

ZplayerEV

Terrarian
I'll be honest, so far this has become one of my favorite modded classes. The new weapons are unique and running out of psychosis has a nice little twist I didn't expect. Favorite weapon type has to be the rifts right now.

Rezzorvek

Golem
Agree with the previous post, absolutely joyous class to play and wonderfully inventive weapon mechanics. Just an idea, what if there was an an accessory whose right click- or perhaps a bindable hotkey that allowed you to "Halt" a telekinetic weapon mid-flight, at which point it would begin charging up telekinetic potential energy, and deal damage while set in place. Upon releasing the hotkey/right click, it deals up to double damage with a single attack and flies off in the direction that your cursor is pointing, draining extra psychosis. Sound like something that would fit?

Edit: Charging could have different effects for each type of weapon? Like rifts could fire an empowered shot, shooters could do a rapid fire burst, Gusts could have their knockback increased, etc!

Last edited:

Rezzorvek

Golem
Oh! and another idea- An accessory called "Insanity Engine" or something like that, that causes your telekinetic damage to be massively increased whilst affected by the "Psyched out" debuff.

Top Bottom