NPCs & Enemies Event: Floran Invasion [Sprites]

unwrittenArtist

Empress of Light
This is my suggestion for a new event: the Floran Invasion.

And before you type those comments, yes the name is based off the Florans from Starbound, I couldn't come up with a better name.

If any modders are reading, you can make this a thing as long as you give me credit.

This has a random chance of happening after defeating Plantera (or after getting a Terra Blade, I don't know for sure)

It can also be summoned by using a Leafy Flag.

Seperator.png ItemsSeperator.png

• Leafy Flag: LeafyFlag.png Summons the Floran Invasion | Crafting : 10 Chlorophyte Bars , 15 Jungle Spores , 1 Temple Key
  • Rejuflower: Rejuflower.png Reduces mana usage and damage taken by 15% | Dropped by Vine Swinger
  • Restoration Flower: Restorationflower.png Automatically uses a health and mana or restoration potion in the inventory when mana/health is low | Crafting: 1 Rejuflower , 1 Restoration Potion
  • Floran Disc: VineDisc.png Damage: 74, Knockback: 8, Critical chance: 10% | Dropped by Floran Dasher
  • Leaf Crystal: Accesory version of chlorophyte armor buff | Dropped by Floran Master

Seperator.png
NPCs
Seperator.png

• Floran Fighter:Floran.png Damage: 40, Max Life: 750, Defense: 19, AI: Fighter
  • Floran Mage:FloranMage.png Damage: 35, Max Life 580, Defense: 16 | Fires a shot similar to a gem staff, 10% chance to drop nettle burst
  • Floran Leaver: Floran Leaver.png Damage: 53, Max Life: 670, Defense 14 | Fires a shot similar to the leaf blower, 10% chance to drop leaf blower
  • Floran Dasher: Floran Mount.png Damage: 60, Max Life: 730, Defense 17 | Attempts to ram into the player, Can be separated from its mount.
  • Hypnotized Bunny:FloranBunny.png Damage: 37, Max Life 950, Defense: 23 | 10% chance to drop fuzzy carrot
  • Vine Swinger:vineswinger.png Damage: 48 , Max Life: 810 , Defense 19 | Swings around blocks in a similar fashion to an anti-gravity hook.

Seperator.pngThe Floran MasterSeperator.png
floranmaster.png

The boss of the floran invasion, he is encountered when 75% of the invasion is defeated.
  • Max Life: 60000
  • Damage: 67
  • Defense: 30
Has two phases

During phase one, he will fly around and fire a barrage of blasts similar to the heat ray. He will also summon spores similarly to the spore sac.
He will use attacks similar to the nettle burst, shadowbeam staff, and razorblade typhoon. He will also sometimes fire a laser similar to Retinazer phase one.
FloranMasterinaction.png
He will enter phase two at half health (30000/60000). He will fly upwards and fire a laser similar to the Martian Saucer. The nettle burst and shadowbeam attacks will now be in rapid-fire. He will sometimes summon 2-4 Hypnotized Bunnies. In expert mode, he will try to fly into the player at high speeds similar to expert mode EoC, the attacks will be more often the lower his health gets.
floranmaster2.png

Use this in your signature if you want this to be a real thing!

floranbanner.png

Attachments

• floranbanner.png
    floranbanner.png
    119.2 KB · Views: 192
  • floranbanner.png
    floranbanner.png
    232.7 KB · Views: 570
Last edited:
Well its a nice idea but there can be some improvements. Here are a few things I point out:

-I don't get it what's the use of a temple key in the crafting of a flag!
-It should probably happen after defeating plantera cause some people don't even use melee weapons and the Terra blade has nothing plant related except for its colour.
-There should be more unique items as most of the items can be easily obtained by just defeating plantera and they also have a higher drop chance.
-(About sprites, don't worry about this much) Well, all those sprites aren't much different from a player except they are green and hold their weapons. Also it can cause a bit of confusion in multiplayer if some character copies them.
-Shouldn't the fuzzy carrot be dropped from the floran dasher cause isn't he using the bunny mount?

Well that's it and except them everything is fine for me!

Well its a nice idea but there can be some improvements. Here are a few things I point out:

-I don't get it what's the use of a temple key in the crafting of a flag!
-It should probably happen after defeating plantera cause some people don't even use melee weapons and the Terra blade has nothing plant related except for its colour.
-There should be more unique items as most of the items can be easily obtained by just defeating plantera and they also have a higher drop chance.
-(About sprites, don't worry about this much) Well, all those sprites aren't much different from a player except they are green and hold their weapons. Also it can cause a bit of confusion in multiplayer if some character copies them.
-Shouldn't the fuzzy carrot be dropped from the floran dasher cause isn't he using the bunny mount?

Well that's it and except them everything is fine for me!

The temple key is to ensure that it is only summoned after plantera.

The NPC sprites do look similar to the player because they are actually modified versions of my character. I wanted to have a little more variety, but I was just drawing blanks.

The fuzzy carrot is dropped from the hypnotized bunny because it can be separated from the dasher.

Back
Top Bottom