Biomes & Nature Event Idea: Blue Moon

0Poole

Terrarian
Just a little idea I had randomly.
It would basically be a Blood Moon, but even more rare, and with a blue tint as opposed to red.

The main factor would be that all rewards, especially rare items, would be much more likely to drop. For instance, those debuff-removing accessories so many enemies drop would appear more. I'm not sure by what degree the likelihood would increase, but as a general idea it would be nice. I really hate farming things, and I'm sure I'm not alone... Even if it couldn't be summoned manually, it being there could at least help us less-insanely-devoted Terrarians to get the more rare items. I've also considered making it so bosses with special drops would drop 2 of those things, as opposed to just dropping one, like Plantera being able to drop both the Nettle Burst And a Pygmy Staff when killed during a Blue Moon.

Obviously, the Blue Moon event would be a reference to the common phrase "Once in a blue moon," used when something is rare. Maybe, in more of a reference to that, rare items could only be dropped once each Blue Moon.

We already have enaugh moon-related events(Blood Moon, Pumpkin Moon, Frost Moon, Lunar Events...) and I don't think we need yet another one...

Sorry, but, no support...

We already have enaugh moon-related events(Blood Moon, Pumpkin Moon, Frost Moon, Lunar Events...) and I don't think we need yet another one...

Sorry, but, no support...

To be fair, the moon is a pretty big deal... And, it's not like its some random moon event, like how the Pumpkin Moon and Frost Moon aren't exactly based in any real concepts or superstitions related to the moon (as far as I know, at least). "Once in a Blue Moon" is arguably the most popular or well-known idiom in the English language.

This is a decent idea. I think the drop rates should be doubled. And I think it should be about 10x rarer than the blood moon. With those things, support :)

To be fair, the moon is a pretty big deal... And, it's not like its some random moon event, like how the Pumpkin Moon and Frost Moon aren't exactly based in any real concepts or superstitions related to the moon (as far as I know, at least). "Once in a Blue Moon" is arguably the most popular or well-known idiom in the English language.
The Pumpkin Moon is more of a nod towards Harvest Moons. As one who has worked on a farm, it's normally a signal for when to pull in crop. The moon typically seems twice the size it normally is as it rises, but gradually returns to normal.

As for the Frost Moon, it could be a reference to the rare occasion during winter where you can see a white "halo" around the moon. This "halo" is upper-atmospheric moisture that is crystallized due to how cold it is, and the Moon allows our eyes to see it.

Back
Top Bottom