Everblack: A mod about the Unknown... [Looking for Coders and Spriters!]

Skulgan

Official Terrarian
Welcome to Everblack
Everblack is a mod that adds new weapons, npcs, and bosses that revolve around the unknown. Whether it be Aliens from space, a demonic being that collects organs, or a flaming worm that feeds on the heat from the worlds core, Everblack is sure to provide a mystifying and epic experience... When it is released.

Hello, my name is Fancymann, I need some coders and spriters to help this mod become a reality, I am not good at replicating Terraria's art style, nor am I very good at coding. As such, some help would be appreciated.

If you want to see what this mod is to offer (or you are someone who just wants to know what this mod is going to have) here is an example of a boss that I wish to appear in the game:

Name: The Harvester
Appearance: The Harvester is a towering being made entirely of organs, with a heart hanging from it's chest and it's brain exposed at the head. It's body is hunched over and it carries a scythe.
Summoning: You can summon The Harvester at night with a item called the "Questionable Heart" which is made out of 1 Soul of Night and either 5 Rotten Chunks or Vertebrae, alternatively, it can be randomly spawn after you beat the Mechanical Bosses, you will now when he spawns when the message "The Harvester has come to reap organs!" is said in the chat.
Abilities: The Harvester will slowly stalk the player, it will teleport to the left or right of the player depending on which side of the player it's on, it will summon flying enemies called "Scoopers" which act like beefier Demon Eyes. Once The Harvester reaches 50% health it will start to fly and will no longer teleport, though can still summon Scoopers. In this form The Harvester will fire scythes at the player.
Drops: The Harvester will drop "The Eviscerator" always, The Eviscerator is a sword that increases item drop chances from enemies and does 97 damage.
Progression: You should encounter The Harvester before the Mechanical Bosses.
Expert Differences: Along with a defense and health boost, it will spawn Scoopers more frequently. At 25%, it will start teleporting while flying to the left or right of the player depending on what side of the player they are on.

Roles in the Mod
I will be spearheading the mod, telling people what items, npcs, and bosses need to be made for the mod. I will also edit sprites to make it fit my idea of how it would look more. I will also provide concept art (or sprite outlines) for weapons, npcs, and bosses if needed and will make mashups of music to make themes for certain bosses.
Spriters sprite, coders code, and people who are good at both can do both if they wish.
If anyone who chooses to work with me has an idea, feel free to tell me about it, the mod is only just starting, anything can happen!

Perks
Yes, your name will be added to a list of developers, but developers of the mod can make their own vanity items to fit them if they wish, only the sprites for it are needed, I'll even code it in myself!

With that said, I hope I can get some people on this project, it would be nice if this mod could become a reality, thanks!

~Fancymann

Last edited:
Hey I like to think of myself as a pretty talented spriter. I can make just about anything you want me to. If you want examples of stuff I've done or want to discuss this more my steam is JRDub. I don't come on here often so I would prefer it if you messaged me on steam. Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom