PC Expert Golem is so easy it's not an accomplishment.

Kats

Pixel Pirate
Heya!

Now, title explains it but yeah.
Expert Golem is so easy it's not even an accomplishment killing him.
I killed him, with no real arena, all I had was a platform bridge that I barely used.
No campfire, no heart lanterns.
Only buffs were ironskin potion, endurance potion and archery potion, which was overkill, don't need any of them.
Weapon was Daedalus Stormbow with Holy Arrows first fight, piranha gun all the other times I've killed him.
My armor was ranged chlorophyte set on my first kill.

Make his body turn into some flying airplane or... anything, he's just too easy lol, always has been but was hoping for some slight challenge but had no problems at all, used one regen potion, the pink ones that heal for 80 only and that's it lol.

Make his arms grapple onto blocks is another possibility for making him harder.

Can move this to suggestion, as it for some reason turned into suggestions for him half way through.

yeah, if you want to beat golem on expert, just bring the piranha gun. it's not a fight, it's a murder, like hellwing bow against WoF or daedelus stormbow + holy arrows against destroyer. but well the game is unbalanced on some points :/

Sadly the golem has always been easy, despite the boss being post-plantera, I find plantera harder, though plantera isn't really all that hard either it's at least harder than golem.
Problem obviously lies in the boss itself, sure, increasing damage on his lasers would certainly make him harder, but if you're good at dodging you'll rarely get hit by them.
Like I suggested, even making his arms grapple onto blocks like plantera does would make him harder.
But easy to counter that aswell.
His movement of only jumping up is pretty much what makes him so easy, he's too immobile.

Last edited:
I haven't noticed any difference between expert-mode and normal Golem besides stats.
Give him something new! The eye of Cthulhu got insane charging of awesomeness, give Golem a new ai change!

... so don't use a Daedalus stormbow and holy arrows... next time fight him with a space gun and meteor armor... I am sure that will give you the challenge you desire.

Way too much complaining and changing stuff going on... time to leave the game alone until version 2.0

... just my .02

~Jim

... so don't use a Daedalus stormbow and holy arrows... next time fight him with a space gun and meteor armor... I am sure that will give you the challenge you desire.

Way too much complaining and changing stuff going on... time to leave the game alone until version 2.0

... just my .02

~Jim

We want the content to be challenging with the tier weapons and armor available at the time you try the boss.
This boss I killed with a weapon available way before Golem, before plantera even, and armor available before Plantera, and accessories available before Plantera.
With 3 buff potions, that weren't even necessary.

You like building more than fighting (yes, I've read your previous posts) so don't come in threads about bosses being too easy in Expert Mode, you obviously don't care.
Expert mode should be what it's "advertised" as, which some bosses are not.

If Golem's hands would be saws or rocket launchers, it'd be something new. I find this battle quite fun, but I agree about the fact it's easy for a post-Plantera boss. People usually have strong gear there.

Ooh, good idea^

Like when hands reach 50% HP, they are destroyed and out comes a Stynger instead, or right hand becomes a Stynger while left hand becomes a heat ray. :p
That'd make it more challenging lol.

Back
Top Bottom