NPCs & Enemies Expert-mode Exclusive Boss Suggestion

Thought

Terrarian
After I beat the Moon Lord, I was left somewhat unsatisfied. Besides the reference to the first boss, and the extended sequence of events, there isn't that much to say, "Yes. This is the final boss". Therefore, my proposition. The Moon Lord acts as the final boss in Normal Mode, but in Expert Mode, it acts as a precursor for a new, true final boss.

Once you defeat all bosses at least once, have a new NPC arrive, the Suspicious Man. At first, you can only speak to him, similar to the Old Man. His quotes will be of praise, and that he is preparing to make an amazing item. During this time, other NPCs will comment on the Suspicious Man giving them a strange trinket. After five in-game days, if all NPCs are present (Besides Santa, the Travelling Merchant, and the Skeleton Merchant), another option will be present, "Gift". Pressing this will award the player the "Strange Trinket". Using this item summons the true final boss.

Upon using this item, you will be teleported to Whiteland, a new map. This map would be perfectly white, with Blank Blocks providing a perfectly flat surface. At this time, all NPCs besides the Suspicious Man come in from the sides, spaced out similar to the cultists. However, the sprites of all NPCs will feature red eyes instead of their normal color. Once all NPCs are on screen, an unearthly scream (Same as Eye of Cthulhu expert exclusive attack sound effect) will sound, before all NPCs begin to attack you.

Possessed ______(Name of NPC)
HP: 10,000
Defense: 70
Attack: Varies
Guide: Flies around a constant distance from the player. Shoots Flaming Arrows, summons Leeches and Hungry II.
Merchant:
Painter: Flies around randomly. Leaves a paint trail that gives the debuff, Lead Poisoning. Deals damage on contact. Paint trail dissolves over time.
Dye Trader:
Nurse: Walks on the ground, runs away at Hermes Boot Speed away from player, to a certain distance. Summons homing potions that heals other NPCs for 1000 health. If the player is hit by these potions, heals the player for 50 health, but causes 30 seconds potion sickness. When killed, fully heals the player and any remaining NPCs
Demolitionist: Burrows through the ground, placing explosives. When ready to detonate explosives, makes distinctive sound effect.
Stylist: Flies erratically straight towards the player's head, similar to Spazmatism. Also summons Arachnes that have Spider AI
Angler: Stands on the ground, shoots fishing line at the player. Does not damage the player, but if caught, is reeled in uncontrollably until right next to the Angler
Arms Dealer: Jumps around erratically while shooting at you. Shoots at you with SDMG. Starts with Silver Bullets, upgrades to Cursed/Ichor Bullets at 50% health, upgrades to Chlorophyte Bullets at 5%.
Dryad: Stands still, then summons Living Wood to encase her. Slowly grows into a tree, unless attacked. Also summons the Dryad's Blessing. If left long enough, Plantera's Tentacles spawn around the Dryad's Tree.
Tinkerer:
Witch Doctor: Throws Flasks at allies, imbuing enemy attacks with debuffs. Attacks with Blowgun with Ichor Darts.
Clothier: Summons Skeletron hands, which increase the Clothier's defense considerably. Also summons Giant Cursed Skull projectiles.
Mechanic:
Party Girl: Throws confetti and Flashbang Grenades that temporarily blind the screen. Does no damage, but makes the screen more chaotic.
Wizard: Attacks with Vile Spit, Chaos Sphere, Water Sphere, Shadowbeam Staff, and Inferno Staff, while teleporting around, similar to Brain of Cthulhu.
Pirate:
Truffle: Flies directly toward you. If it hits you, does 100 damage to itself, but causes the Spore Ingestion debuff. This debuff makes the screen turn blue, hides all NPCs, and randomly generates Boss Heads that attack you, but do no damage.
Steampunker: Runs around on the ground, shoots the Clentaminator with damaging solution. If hit, causes debuff "Vile". Tooltip says "weakens resolve", and decreases defense by 1 per second the debuff is active
Cyborg: Attacks with Prime Saw, Prime Vice, and Prime Cannon. Also shoots lasers rapid fire, and charges at you.

During this portion of the fight, messages appear on the message area, from the Suspicious Man. Through this, you learn that all of your actions have caused suffering to others, and to the Suspicious Man personally. Perhaps one message each time a possessed NPC dies. After all NPCs are defeated, the message, "Do you understand? No? Perhaps you must see it from the other side" appears. The screen flashes white briefly, before reappearing in the "real" world. The Moon Lord background is present during this fight. In this stage, you play as a randomly selected boss. Each attack the boss normally can do is shown in the hotbar, and the inventory button is disabled. You fight against a player wielding weapons of strength similar that of a fully prepared player fighting that boss for the first time. Details of these are provided below:

King Slime:
Eye of Cthulhu:
Eater of Worlds/Brain of Cthulhu:
Queen Bee:
Skeletron:
Wall of Flesh:
Destroyer:
Skeletron Prime:
Twins:
Plantera:
Golem:
Duke Fishron:
Ancient Cultist:
Moon Lord:

After this phase, the screen flashes again, and the player is returned to Whiteland. Right next to the player is the Suspicious Man. After a short conversation, he will offer a choice: To willingly give up, or to continue this madness. If you give up, the Suspicious Man leaves, and gives you the Pacifist Medallion and an achievement.

Pacifist Medallion: Accessory
Reduces damage dealt by 100% and damage taken by 50%. Stops health regeneration and potion sickness cooldown.

If you give up, the Suspicious Man has a 1/100 chance of returning every day. Instead of normal statements, he uses the statement, "It seems you have not yet learned. Perhaps another lesson is at hand." If you choose to continue the fight, the third stage starts. The Suspicious Man backs away, and transforms into Redigit.

Redegit:
HP: 131072
Defense: 32
Attack: 128
The fight: Like the Lunatic Cultist, Redegit uses 5 random attacks before using a signature move.
Signature Move: Summons a Chaos Sphere. This attack is unavoidable, but does not deal damage. Instead, a random nondamaging nonimmobilizing debuff is applied, for 40 seconds. Every 25% of damage done to Redegit, a Chaos Sphere is summoned that permanently debuffs the character. Goes through Ankh Shield.
Attacks:
Summons Homing Spheres of Four colours: Orange, Magenta, Blue, and Sea Green. Each time you hit the sphere with the corresponding weapon type, it slows down its approach, until it starts homing into Redegit instead. Deals 200 damage to the side it hits first. Naturally speeds up towards you if left alone, or if hit with the wrong weapon type.
Punches a code hole through Whiteland. Entering causes the debuff Recoded for 5 seconds, which randomly changes Weapon Attack and Defense between 0 and the amount it was before the debuff. After 5 seconds, Attack and Defense are returned to normal.
While moving in a circular pattern, leaves behind Gray Spheres. After a while, they change color to either red or green. Shortly after, it shoots a beam of light directly towards Redegit. Green ones heal Redegit for 10000 health, Red ones damage for 100 health. However, if the player is hit by the beams first, they receive the damage or healing instead. Green Sphere heals the player for 50 health instead.
Breaks Blocks, then reforms them into new layouts. Does not damage directly, but makes it harder to move around.
Drops to the ground and copies your items. Attacks you PvP style, until 500 damage is dealt to Red
Creates multiple copies of Red. They float in a circle around you, and each one briefly flashes. All then charge a laser that deals 70 damage. To stop the attack, you must hit the clones in the order they flashed. That clone would then disappear; all other clones are invincible. If the attack is not stopped, all lasers deal damage, bypassing the normal immunity after being attacked. The last Red is the real one, and can continue to be attacked.

At 50% health:
Summons Cenx. Shares life with Redegit, attacks are similar to Red's.
Summons 5 waves of monsters. Red is immune to damage while they are alive. Below 25% health, Red and Cenx generate an energy sphere that charges for 2 minutes. After 2 minutes, unleashes a death wave that deals 400 damage. Only way to stop this is to attack both Red and Cenx after defeating all monsters, stopping the attack.
Mirrors the screen, for both movement and attack direction. Does either horizontal mirror or vertical mirror. After 25%, does both.
Attacks with the Terrarian. Does not spawn homing projectiles.
Also, below 50%, homing attacks fail to home in on Redegit or Cenx.

After you defeat Redegit, you are returned to the "real" world. You receive a Treasure Bag. Opening gives Red Trophy(100%), 30 Super Healing Potions, 1 Platinum Coin, and an item, depending on which boss you played as in the second stage. The Suspicious Man returns after one day.

Redegit Drops:

King Slime: Weather Maker: Allows Control of the Weather
Eye of Cthulhu: All-Seeing Eye: Light Pet that fully lights the entire screen, regardless of blocks in the way.
Eater of Worlds/Brain of Cthulhu: Spirit Pithos: Furniture item, that, when activated, stops Corruption/Crimson/Hallow spread completely.
Queen Bee: True Red's Wings: Infinite Flight Time, Movement speed at 128 mph, Hovering ability, Ignores gravity.
Skeletron: Yellow Wrench, Cyan Wrench, Magenta Wrench (33% chance each)
Wall of Flesh: Geryon's Tunic: Allows the use of a second hidden Armor set
Destroyer: World Destroyer: 500% Pickaxe Power, 500% Axe Power, 500% Hammer Power (Wall/Altar Breaking Only), 0 Melee Damage, Can hit all blocks on screen.
Skeletron Prime: Robotic Placement Arm: Accessory, Allows placement of blocks in lava and in midair, increases placement range to 20 blocks.
Twins: Item Finder: Furniture Item, Right Clicking allows you to input an Item Name. Upon doing so, an arrow forms that points to the closest instant of that item. Checks chests and placed items.
Plantera: Felix Potion: Consumable Weapon, when thrown, inflicts Felix debuff, which guarantees all item drops.
Golem: True Magnet: Increases item pickup range by 18 blocks
Duke Fishron: VIP card: Accessories, NPCs sell more items. Ex. Secondary Reforge option that allows you to choose the new modifier for 20 times normal reforge cost.
Ancient Cultist: Equal Opportunity: Furniture Item, when activated, makes all enemies spawn with equal chance, including rare enemies.
Moon Lord: Hyperdimensional Box: Furniture Item, allows access to all found chests within a 25 block radius from one location, can search for item stacks for easy access.

If you die halfway through, all NPCs killed will respawn within 1 day, so you don't have to wait for the Party Girl. If you win, all NPCs are immediately respawned.

How is it? I'm welcome to constructive criticism. Many details are not written, but those will be filled in. I will take suggestions into account when writing them.

Last edited:
"an unearthly scream will sound" I don't wanna crap myself playing Terraria :dryadcry:
Other than that, it's a good idea! :dryadsmile:

Maybe you can collect the strange trinkets the NPCs were talking about, and you can combine them into the 'Trinket of Pity'. When you talk to the Suspicious Man with it in your inventory, he says "Hel-Oh...I see you found it? Want to see what it does?" If you click yes, he uses it and transforms into 'Sorrowtron' and the message "Prepare to Feel the Pain of Sorrow!" appears. If you click no he says " You obviously weren't ready for it anyway!" and he gives you the Pacifist Medallion and he does spawn again, but it's a 1/100 chance. What do you think?

Last edited:
I don't know... The Strange Trinkets were mainly used as an element used to explain why the Suspicious Man can control them, and is able to send everyone to an alternate world. But that does sound interesting. If that were to happen, how would you obtain the Trinkets?

I'm speechless.
I very very VERY like the idea with the look from the other side, and that you turn into a boss trying to kill/be killed by a player. Maybe when you get the player to half of his health, the screen would flash white again, and you turn into another random boss. This would happen all the time until you played as every boss. And now you are able to kill the player (the item in the treasure bag will be related to the boss you have killed the player with). Maybe the player could have the same items you had while fighting that boss.

But still, a great idea!

I was thinking of that at first, but then realized the boss (player?) fights would take too long. I don't want someone spend 3 hours beating this boss.

I seriously LOVE this idea, other than the last part where you fight Red. But, what I was thinking, make this normal mode BUT in expert you get to fight the final Red and you can get the treasure bag, but the rest is also possible in normal mode. I seriously would love for this to be added, 100% support.

So in normal mode, you have to go through the pacifist medallion method? Or is there any other change?

Yes, but perhaps it would allow the suspicious man to come back at a pretty low chance (not too low, maybe 1/100 chance every day?) and perhaps remove the buffs it gives, because in all honesty, those are wayyyyy too op.

Sure. Those changes sound great! I've changed the first post to include those changes (besides the normal mode thing, since that would necessitate I change the subject line).

Back
Top Bottom