PC Expert Moon Lord. Advice please.

Bappie

Official Terrarian
I'm going through Expert with a new character, only using stuff generated on that one expert world. I've tried different ways to beat him but I can't seem to survive at all.
I first tried the basic melee approach. Beetle Armour with Solar Eruption & Daybreak. Died straight away.
Tried again with a 2000 piece long Minetrack. Vortex Beater with Titanium Armour. Was doing well at first, but then the bolts he fires straight just added up and killed me before I even got one of his hands beaten. I was thinking if I remove the minetrack and rebuild it in a zig-zag formation would help.

Other guides I've seen mention 4 heart statues. The problem is I only have one and as stated before, want to try do everything using that one world.
Any advice on how to survive his attacks easier?

Also my Accessories are all Warding. I always have on Star Veil, Worm Scarf, Frozen Turtle Shell and Celestial Shell. Other 2 accessories I swap around based on what I use.

Also, would it be worth instead of using Titanium, get Tiki/Spooky armour and focusing on Summoning a Stardust Dragon and using the Vortex Beater as a secondary weapon?
And on topic of minetracks, what's the recommended speed to be using to keep him within distance but not so close that his laser hits me? I have the Mechanical Cart so going fast is no problem, but I know if I go too fast he just teleports right on top of me.

Thanks for any advice.

Also, would it be worth instead of using Titanium, get Tiki/Spooky armour and focusing on Summoning a Stardust Dragon and using the Vortex Beater as a secondary weapon?
And on topic of minetracks, what's the recommended speed to be using to keep him within distance but not so close that his laser hits me? I have the Mechanical Cart so going fast is no problem, but I know if I go too fast he just teleports right on top of me.

You could, but without a good place to hide you're just plain dead. It will help you until you destroy one of his eyes, because True Eyes Of Cthulhu can pass through the ground and overwhelm a player. Get some stuff to increase your regeneration or something to protect yourself.

If you manage to do it, a Stardust Dragon with many segments can kill the Moon Lord really easily.

You can help the dragon by hitting one of his hands or his head with the Solar Eruption. It's an effective weapon.

Back
Top Bottom