tModLoader Eye of Cthulhu EX not facing the right way, please help. :(

Nightmare 10

Terrarian
Can someone help me with my mod? I basically took Eye of Cthulhu's sprite and recolored it, when I coded him in by following the Custom Boss tutorial on YouTube, I tested it and it kept facing the wrong way. If someone could help me with this custom boss, I'll give you credit. If you can make a Sprite sheet so that it'll actually work like the original Eye of Cthulhu, that'd be nice.

Attachments

• EyeofCthulhuEX.png
    EyeofCthulhuEX.png
    10.4 KB · Views: 291
Have you tried turning it upside down?
It's a quick soloution, atleast.

Also, tried inverting the rotation value? (if there is one)
Not an excellent coder but....might work.

Last edited:
Have you tried turning it upside down?
It's a quick soloution, atleast.

Also, tried inverting the rotation value? (if there is one)
Not an excellent coder but....might work.
I tried flipping it vertically and it spawns looking up instead of at the player, also I was following the Custom Boss tutorial from a guy called Al0n37 on Youtube, I don't think he put any rotation values when he was coding his custom boss Arma. If you know anybody that is good at coding in C#, please let me know ok?

Did you set aiType in conjunction with the aistyle?
I thought aiType and aiStyle were the same? This is my first time making a mod so I'm still new to this. Is there a way to make the Eye of Cthulhu EX spawn Servant of Cthulhu EX in the same way that the original boss spawns its minions or would that require coding its own AI?

I thought aiType and aiStyle were the same? This is my first time making a mod so I'm still new to this. Is there a way to make the Eye of Cthulhu EX spawn Servant of Cthulhu EX in the same way that the original boss spawns its minions or would that require coding its own AI?
Aitype narrows an aistyle down to the specific behaviors of an aistyle.

As mentioned earlier, you'll want to decompile Terraria of you want to actually make something unique.

Back
Top Bottom