tModLoader Fabu's Mod

What do you think about the current sprites?

• Total voters
May I suggest an Abandoned Hero Item?

Abandoned Hero's Pistol - (Summon weapon that summons either Archers (Gaius), Spellcasters (Tharja), and Flying Melee units (Beruka))
"It looks like it's not meant for shooting at people"

Maybe later. I'm not that confident in summoning weapons, since they're more work than most weapons.

I see you added Orissa's weapon as well with common and legendary variants based on the skin (very nice). I think it would make more sense given the type of projectile Orissa uses to make it a magic gun and maybe replace the ranged minigun with a soldier 76 weapon? On the theme of ranged weapons an upgradeable sniper rifle - like weapon (widow' s kiss),(the peacekeeper would be a middle ground between S76 and Widow) woyld be good to top off every kind of ranged weapon. Also, I found a slight bug where I couldn't craft the crimson axe variant at an orichalcum anvil. Please can you just quickly add a recipe for orichalcum anvils and mythril anvils to make the crimson axe and other axe variants or other weapons that are only obtainable through standard anvil crafting, thanks. Loving the mod as always, keep up what you are doing.

Heskelator :)

Last edited:
I see you added Orissa's weapon as well with common and legendary variants based on the skin (very nice). I think it would make more sense given the type of projectile Orissa uses to make it a magic gun and maybe replace the ranged minigun with a soldier 76 weapon? On the theme of ranged weapons an upgradeable sniper rifle - like weapon (widow' s kiss),(the peacekeeper would be a middle ground between S76 and Widow) woyld be good to top off every kind of ranged weapon. Also, I found a slight bug where I couldn't craft the crimson axe variant at an orichalcum anvil. Please can you just quickly add a recipe for orichalcum anvils and mythril anvils to make the crimson axe and other axe variants or other weapons that are only obtainable through standard anvil crafting, thanks. Loving the mod as always, keep up what you are doing.

Heskelator :)

Thanks for your ideas, but I think I'm done with making Overwatch-based weapons for my mod for now.
I'd like the Fusion Driver and its other variants to stay ranged, since in Overwatch you can also just shoot for as long as you want, even after reloading. If it was ranged, you would (without accessories) have to wait again until you can use it again, which would make it quite underpowered in my opinion. BUT I thought of adding special bullets for the Orisa weapons.

I just tested it, I can craft all the axes from my mod at both hardmode anvils. Maybe you're doing something wrong?

Thanks for your feedback! ♥

If it's okay, could you make it where the Owner's Staff and Owner's Destruction would be able to be combined?

The Hype Beam
"Torn right out of the Type-03"
Owner's Staff + Owner's Destruction + Worm Scarf + Royal Gel
Uses 1 Mana
Fires an Primary beam with two circularizing (Think DNA) burst orbs of Ichor and Broken Armor energies.
Successful hits with the beam increases "Hype", increasing crit chance and has an chance to cause the Brust Orbs to split apart and home in on other targets

The Salt Cannon
"Hateful little fella, ain't ya?"
Owner's Staff + Owner's Destruction + Brain of Confusion + Shield of Cthulhu
Uses 1 Mana
Fires an Primary beam with 6 homing orbs of *Hate
The more damage you take increases "Salt", increasing damage of Hate Orbs and Crit chance of Hate Orbs
(Hate inflicts Cursed Flame, Frostfire, On Fire, and Shadowflame)

It's been a while since there was a post here, although there was a mod update not that long ago. I decided to give this mod a go on my melee playthrough. The life stealing shortsword is quite OP since I was able to basically jump into a group of mobs and heal faster than I was taking damage on an expert world. The axes seem okay enough from what I used although they were also competing with other modded weapons I could get around the same time.

Something that really annoyed me is the legendary ore generation. It can generate on the surface and overlap trees and even my home. I had crafting stations partially taken over by the ore although at least I was able to recover them. Even a part of my minecart track got overridden by legendary ore. I would dread to see what happened if a chest got overridden by the ore, as it might lead to the items inside being lost. Also the known issue of defeating the Lunar Cultist again generating more ore makes me dread fighting him again. Are you able to change the code to only generate ore below a certain height, that is, avoid surface generation? Is it possible that the ore generation happens again upon loading the world again is because there isn't a bool value being saved with the world?

It's been a while since there was a post here, although there was a mod update not that long ago. I decided to give this mod a go on my melee playthrough. The life stealing shortsword is quite OP since I was able to basically jump into a group of mobs and heal faster than I was taking damage on an expert world. The axes seem okay enough from what I used although they were also competing with other modded weapons I could get around the same time.

Something that really annoyed me is the legendary ore generation. It can generate on the surface and overlap trees and even my home. I had crafting stations partially taken over by the ore although at least I was able to recover them. Even a part of my minecart track got overridden by legendary ore. I would dread to see what happened if a chest got overridden by the ore, as it might lead to the items inside being lost. Also the known issue of defeating the Lunar Cultist again generating more ore makes me dread fighting him again. Are you able to change the code to only generate ore below a certain height, that is, avoid surface generation? Is it possible that the ore generation happens again upon loading the world again is because there isn't a bool value being saved with the world?
yeah the legendary ore problem happened to me too (it spawned in my chest ;-; )

I've been trying to fix a few things with the ore since I first implemented it into the mod. The next update will change a few things for the ore. I have two solutions for the ore spawning bug (Yes, it is a bug. The ore should normally only spawn underground.). Either the ore will generate when you start a new world, or the ore will be removed and something else will be put in its place.

Thank you for the feedback about the Wakizashis, I'll look into changing them a little in the next update. <3

I'll start working on the Legendary Ore now, and release a little update for the mod. Please check back in 1 to 2 hours!

Also, sorry for the late reply, I took a break from modding :<

Can there be mod support for Tremor (Legendary Gas Mask), Thorium (Legendary Paladin Mask and Bow Tie), Expanded Sentries (Legendary Engie Cap), and Enigma (Legendary Rune Mark)?

Also:
Talon Shotgun
"I'm going to get more cake, I been training..."
Fires a Spread shot (5)
Made with 10 Legendary Bars, Broken Hero's Shotgun, and 1 Fallen Star

The First Star

"It shines brightest when within the darkest of realms"
Fires a spread shot (15)
Turns normal bullets into homing stars that steals HP
Made with Talon Shotgun, 10 Mana Crystals, and 20 Rainbow Bars

I've noticed there's been a couple of updates (Edit: Three actually) since the last time I posted here, but they lack a change log. I noticed the first update removed legendary ore and replaced it with legendary dust as a drop. At least this fixes any problems with ore generation.

On my mage playthrough, the Coalescence weapons cost way too much mana before you can even create the laser to maintain it. I was able to use the earlier ones, but the later upgraded ones actually cost even more mana. Unless I can get really high mana discount, those weapons are basically unusable. The staffs by comparison have a reasonable mana cost throughout their upgrade chains.

Last edited:
I've noticed there's been a couple of updates (Edit: Three actually) since the last time I posted here, but they lack a change log. I noticed the first update removed legendary ore and replaced it with legendary dust as a drop. At least this fixes any problems with ore generation.

On my mage playthrough, the Coalescence weapons cost way too much mana before you can even create the laser to maintain it. I was able to use the earlier ones, but the later upgraded ones actually cost even more mana. Unless I can get really high mana discount, those weapons are basically unusable. The staffs by comparison have a reasonable mana cost throughout their upgrade chains.

The Coalescences are really powerful weapons because of the newly added life-steal. That's why I made the mana cost so high, so you wouldn't be able to spam them to heal yourself quickly in a boss fight. You use them once, then you basically have a cooldown for when you can use them again. When I tested these weapons, they only used mana when I started channelling them, but then you could use them until you let go of the mouse button.

I don't know what you're talking about when it comes to changelogs. These past updates I've written down every change I made when I was making the update. Every time I changed something in the mod, I wrote it down before moving on to the next thing. There was a very small update after 1.5, which was 1.5.0.1. In that update the Terra Dagger was buffed a bit, but that's all. I don't like writing down changelog for these small updates. I'm about to release 1.5.0.2, which fixes the drop rate for the Creeper Fang.

Do the Coalescences constantly use mana or just when you start channelling them?
[doublepost=1513000451,1513000229][/doublepost]
Can there be mod support for Tremor (Legendary Gas Mask), Thorium (Legendary Paladin Mask and Bow Tie), Expanded Sentries (Legendary Engie Cap), and Enigma (Legendary Rune Mark)?

Also:
Talon Shotgun
"I'm going to get more cake, I been training..."
Fires a Spread shot (5)
Made with 10 Legendary Bars, Broken Hero's Shotgun, and 1 Fallen Star

The First Star

"It shines brightest when within the darkest of realms"
Fires a spread shot (15)
Turns normal bullets into homing stars that steals HP
Made with Talon Shotgun, 10 Mana Crystals, and 20 Rainbow Bars

Sorry, but there won't be other mod support, at least not for now. The mod is simply still too small to collaborate with other mods.

I can't promise that I'll be adding your suggestions, but I'll definetly consider it when I start working on the next big update. Thank you either way!

The Coalescences are really powerful weapons because of the newly added life-steal. That's why I made the mana cost so high, so you wouldn't be able to spam them to heal yourself quickly in a boss fight. You use them once, then you basically have a cooldown for when you can use them again. When I tested these weapons, they only used mana when I started channelling them, but then you could use them until you let go of the mouse button.

I don't know what you're talking about when it comes to changelogs. These past updates I've written down every change I made when I was making the update. Every time I changed something in the mod, I wrote it down before moving on to the next thing. There was a very small update after 1.5, which was 1.5.0.1. In that update the Terra Dagger was buffed a bit, but that's all. I don't like writing down changelog for these small updates. I'm about to release 1.5.0.2, which fixes the drop rate for the Creeper Fang.

Do the Coalescences constantly use mana or just when you start channelling them?
[doublepost=1513000451,1513000229][/doublepost]

Sorry, but there won't be other mod support, at least not for now. The mod is simply still too small to collaborate with other mods.

I can't promise that I'll be adding your suggestions, but I'll definetly consider it when I start working on the next big update. Thank you either way!
When I say change logs, I mean publicly posting what you changed, added, or removed with each version update. It helps people to know what changed when they update a mod instead of going in blindly. If you posted your change logs, Moon_Man likely would have known the now named Overcompensator was nerfed and renamed. It would also save time on people asking what changed, like what I often see in the Calamity thread since they don't post their change logs in the thread, only on their Discord server.

The Coalescences constantly use mana, both when channeling them and firing them. On my test character, I couldn't even channel the weakest Coalescence, that costs 40 mana to use, without running out of mana with a max of 200 mana. The only reason I can even use these items on my mage is because I have an OP amount of mana cost discount that somehow glitches the mana cost to be -1.

When I say change logs, I mean publicly posting what you changed, added, or removed with each version update. It helps people to know what changed when they update a mod instead of going in blindly. If you posted your change logs, Moon_Man likely would have known the now named Overcompensator was nerfed and renamed. It would also save time on people asking what changed, like what I often see in the Calamity thread since they don't post their change logs in the thread, only on their Discord server.

The Coalescences constantly use mana, both when channeling them and firing them. On my test character, I couldn't even channel the weakest Coalescence, that costs 40 mana to use, without running out of mana with a max of 200 mana. The only reason I can even use these items on my mage is because I have an OP amount of mana cost discount that somehow glitches the mana cost to be -1.

If you would've done the research, you would know that I do post the changelog here *and* on the Fabu's Mod Discord Server. Please actually research before complaining.

Alright, sorry about that. I'll change the mana cost for the Coalescences in a hotfix now.

If you would've done the research, you would know that I do post the changelog here *and* on the Fabu's Mod Discord Server. Please actually research before complaining.

Alright, sorry about that. I'll change the mana cost for the Coalescences in a hotfix now.
Okay, I checked the first post and I see the change logs now. I could have swore I didn't see them before when I gone looking. I wouldn't call what I done complaining, but mainly explaining my reasons.

And thanks for the mana cost changes. Those weapons should be a lot more usable now.

Okay, I checked the first post and I see the change logs now. I could have swore I didn't see them before when I gone looking. I wouldn't call what I done complaining, but mainly explaining my reasons.

And thanks for the mana cost changes. Those weapons should be a lot more usable now.

Alright. Sorry if what I said seemed a bit mean, I just get a bit frustrated sometimes. Still, thank you for your feedback! <3

A couple of things I've noticed...

The Legendary Armor has no helmet that boosts throwing damage. One of the helmets already boosts magic and summon damage, so perhaps one of the helmets that only increases melee or ranged damage could also get a throwing damage boost.

The Cosmic Summoner's minions have no buff to go with them, so you can't cancel them normally.

Back
Top Bottom